7 elements to build a high-value brand from nothing
- Author Cherry Salvatore
- Published October 3, 2015
- Word count 761
Do 70% of logos in wrong design take customers into trouble?
Is cost the first principle of naming a brand and product?
Is packing the most powerful marketing plan?
Successful enterprise has its own unique genetic code, so as a high-value brand has its own dramatic identifications. Brand is not exclusive for big company. Brand study and abstract are the basic focuses for small-medium business who is unaffordable for advertising. This article looks into basic features of high-value brand in terms of brand, positioning, brand name, product, packing, advertising slogan and concept.
Before word "brand" was invented by human, it’s more accurate to use "symbol" instead of it. Humans are symbolized animals. Symbol indicates significant meanings and profoundly impact human behavior. Otherwise, symbol controls human behavior and drives our consumption. 70% of logos were designed wrong, which takes customers into trouble. Brand logo should focus on benefits it brings, not how it comes out. Contained culture concepts in brand logo does not make any sense, because inappropriate symbol will increase cost while conveying it without voiceover. We only need original symbol in relation to brand.
- Brand Name
The first principle of naming brand and product is cost. Obscure name involves high memory and spread cost. Brand name is a battle between super and non-super words. For example, Apple is a super word, but Dell not. The second principle of name is indication, which can call out brand value. Auditory words are recommended, because name is to be said, not looked at.
When entering a supermarket, you will see 80% of products in non-mind-forces, ordinary and homogenous brands due to lack of marketplace positioning. You can imagine how worrying the organizations and staff back struggling brand look. This will become a root of fierce social turbulence. At very beginning of re-positioning is to place negative sticker onto your component brand, so as to build your own positive impression. It’s a warning for brand in low price business and without sufficient advertising budget. Unclear and non-positioning brand means to stay on bottom of business food chain and endure interest strikes. Positioning is likely to implant differentiation in minds of potential customers and should avoid any chaos and complex feelings, so the best way of entering customer mind is to simplify information. Some powerful advertisings focus on one word (such as Volvo: safe, BMW: drive). Listen up, do not attempt to send out all information and should focus on a strong differentiated concept and implant it into potential customer minds.
Try to ask yourself: will our product concept gain explosion effects in customer minds? When you state a concept, customer should admit quickly without any further explanation or demonstration. The conveying concept should be obvious and does not need time to think about. If a concept had no explosion effects or needed more explanation, it could not be good one. Explosion in mind stands for instant 100% acceptance without any question.
- Advertising Slogan
Customer has a role of transmitter. Advertising is not intended to make him heard, but make him say to others. Brand advertising slogan should be secular. Every single man can blurt it out and act according to indications, which is the highest level of advertising. Start from folk slogan or become folk slogan. Advertising slogan is designed to let customer say it to his relatives and friends. Written language is only to "see" by our eyes, but customer spread relies on "say" and "listen". So written language does not comply with customer auditory habits. Actually you have given up customer mouth to spread when you try to use written language.
Product is made to realize the super word. If you can put value into name, do not let it appear in slogan. Otherwise, do not worry about long name. A long name with value is better than short name without value, because name has its own authority, but slogan is inferior.
Packing is the most powerful marketing plan. The purpose of creativeness is to "fix problem", not "gain creativeness". Packing should stand on customer perspectives: A)The first issue you should think is how to highlight yourself on shelf, so you should take account of integrity and environment of product packing. B)The second issue is how to organize symbols and information. Keep the faith: I have no advertising and nobody knows me, but it can quickly communicate with customers and be sold out as long as I put packing onto shelf. If I can place picture on web site, it looks exciting without click to zoom in.
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.
- How To Make A Video Rental Outlet Worthwhile
- Succession Planning
- Carrying Out a Fire Risk Assessment Can Be Very Complicated
- The Importance Of Using Soft Skills In Business
- Unlocking Potential Working with the Best Leadership Training Providers in the UK
- 5 Reasons Why Small Repair Shops Are Using Software
- Choosing A Landlord Software