Components Of A Healthy Snack List
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published October 18, 2015
- Word count 503
One of the most important ways to change your lifestyle and eating habits is to change the kind of snacks that you consume. Healthy snacks will help cut your calorie intake and they will increase your nutritional intake. A healthy snack list is important so that you are aware of what is acceptable or not especially if you need to make conscious decisions on eating a healthier diet. Some of the benefits of having a healthy snack list is you are able to monitor what you are snacking on, healthy snacks are nutritious so that you enjoy better health and feel more energetic. They contain less calories than sweet, salty and unhealthy snacks and they help you to lose weight and keep the weight off.
One of the most popular snacks choices that is both nutritional as well as delicious is fruit. Fruits contain natural sugars which make them delicious and they work as a substitute especially when you are looking for something sweet to eat. They contain a lot of water which is perfect for keeping you hydrated and for detoxing if need be. They have a high percentage of nutrients such as vitamins which are good for your body and your skin and fruits are a good source of lasting energy. A healthy snack list of fruits includes apples, bananas, berries, peaches, citrus fruits, mangoes, strawberries, watermelons, cantaloupes and so many others. Fresh and dry fruits have roughly the same nutritional value so you can snack on both kinds. It is better to go for fresh fruit rather than canned fruit as fresh fruit does not have additives, preservatives and in some cases, extra sugar.
Vegetables are similar to fruits as a healthy snack option. Vegetables have plenty of nutrients, they have a lot of fiber which keeps you feeling full for longer and helps in bowel movements. They improve your skin tone and texture and help in weight loss. This is because they have very little calories and they will fill you up for longer. A vegetable healthy snack list includes carrots, celery, broccoli, peas, beans, tomatoes, cauliflower, squash, zucchini, cucumber and peppers among other vegetables.
Other foods on the healthy snack list include nuts and whole grains. Nuts have a high calorie count but they also contain good oils which are essential for good hair, nail and skin development. They also keep you feeling full so that you are not tempted by unhealthy treats. It is best to eat unsalted nuts and do not eat too many especially if you are watching your weight. These can be cashew nuts, peanuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts and many others.
A healthy snack list of dairy products and drinks you can snack on include low fat dairy cheese, low fat and natural yogurt, fruit and vegetable smoothies, fresh fruit juices, low fat milk and water. Dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese are a good source of calcium. Water will keep you hydrated and it does not contain any calories.
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits
- "The Year of the Vegan"
- How A Great Fat Loss Program "Over 40 Ab Solution" Is Beneficial?