Top 10 Healthy Foods To Eat While Pregnant
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published March 29, 2016
- Word count 563
During pregnancy, women often get misled by the false notion of binging for two. Although, its true that you'll need those extra calories during your pregnancy, you must aim at getting those extra calories with healthier food choices. The best thing about making wise choices of healthy food to eat while pregnant is that most of these foods are really tasty.
Apart from the usual fruit, vegetable, fiber and whole-grain bread recommendation, here's a list of essential healthy food to eat while pregnant, that ought to make it to your grocery shopping cart.
Top 10 choices of healthy food to eat while pregnant:
Fresh or dried plums are filled with powerful antioxidants. These are great for constipation relief, commonly experienced in pregnancy.
Beets are rich in folate. It has natural red pigments that possess potent antioxidants. This will help in strengthening your immune system.
Pumpkin seeds make a healthy snack since they are rich in magnesium. Taking a high level of magnesium will reduce the risk of fatal death in the early months of pregnancy.
Cabbage is loaded with cancer-fighting enzymes. Eat it chopped and raw as a crunchy sandwich or burger topping. You could also add it to your salad.
For a quick, handy snack, grab a few natural almonds sprinkled with cinnamon. Almonds are filled with minerals and vitamins that will ensure that your baby receives all of the essential nutrients it requires the most. Just don't eat too many because they contain a lot of fat.
Frozen and fresh blueberries will support a healthier immune system and improved memory.
Cinnamon will control your cholesterol levels and blood sugar. Controlling your blood sugar during pregnancy is particularly important. Add it in some hot chocolate or your oatmeal to derive its health benefits.
Fresh pumpkin, when cooked into a soup, will offer increased immunity. It is also a rich source of fiber and helps relieve constipation.
Sardines are rich sources of omega 3, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, iron, magnesium and vitamin B complex.
Turmeric is a great spice as it carries anti inflammatory and anti cancer properties.
Your appetite is the best indicator of the quantity of foods you must eat during pregnancy. However, you must choose healthy food to eat while pregnant. The above selection offers you several tasty treats and also provide nutrient rich benefits for you and your baby's overall health.
Vegetarian diet must also be filled with protein rich healthy food during pregnancy. Foods that contain protein are essential for your baby's cellular development and growth. Rice and beans when combined, offer incredibly rich sources of protein. Also, most people don't know that spinach and broccoli have more protein than red meat.
For non-vegetarians, healthy food to eat while pregnant includes protein rich food items such as beef, turkey, tuna, eggs and chicken. These are especially rich in protein per ounce. Just be aware that these foods also have an excessive amount of saturated fat.
Peppermint tea is great especially during the first trimester of your pregnancy, since it calms down the digestive tract and relieves morning sickness as well as heartburn.
It is a good idea to choose healthy food to eat while pregnant not only to help in your baby's growth but also to ensure that those excess pounds don't creep in and increase an uncomfortable feeling towards the end of your pregnancy.
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Spirulina for Diabetics - How it Can Help With Blood Sugar
- Top Tips To Succeed In Weaning
- Is Selenium Critical For Good Health?
- Cleansing the body with natural juices
- Shed that weight with HB5 supplement
- A Deeper Dive Into Green Tea's Benefits
- A Look at the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt
- Blueberries Are Full of Health Benefits
- Five Things Anyone Can Do To Stay Healthy
- Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory Your brain
- What is Nitric Oxide (N.O.)?
- Top Benefits of the Keto Diet
- Fitness Supplements and Expert Choice | BodyTechSupplements
- How To Increase Testosterone?
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- A Beginners Guide to CBD & Why It Has Become So Popular
- best natural weight loss GOLD
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- Why Do People Fail On A Vegan Diet, While Others Succeed?
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements