What Makes a Customer a Good Customer?
- Author Kevin Serwatowski
- Published April 3, 2016
- Word count 484
Save money, time, and headaches by working smart with your Web designer.
In 99% of the cases where a website takes two to three times as long as it should it is because of content. It may not be clear enough. It may not flow well. The useful information may be buried in jargon that the unfamiliar customer may not understand. The rule in website design is: "Don’t make me think."
Content is king. Prepare the content and message that you want to provide your customers with up front. Read it all aloud before sending onward. If it sounds clumsy at all, improve it. If in doubt, consult with a professional copywriter who knows SEO. Make sure you are writing the content for human beings and not search engines.
Allow creative freedom
Every customer should know what they want up front. Selecting items from other sites (even competitors) can help your designer visualize what you like about other sites to simulate into your site. However, allowing your digital consultant and web designer a little bit of creative freedom is always the best way to proceed. Listen to their advice and be open to new ideas regarding design and layout.
However, if there is something that isn’t quite right to you, something that you’re not completely comfortable with, something you’re not really relaxed about, address it and work to make it better. Other customers may have the same reactions.
During the website building process your web designer will need feedback on multiple items. It is good to provide that feedback within one to two days so he or she can finish the project in a timely manner.
Give your designer as detailed an idea as possible of the experience you are trying to create based on the customer’s expectations. Always keep the customer in mind.
Set expectations that are reasonable and be ready to alter expectations based on the advice from your digital consultant. Making a 30-60-90 day plan that allows flexibility on a rolling basis is a good way to keep you on track. Understanding what is possible to achieve in the short term and long term is a key to success.
Set the right budget
Sure, today there are commercials about free websites, and $9.99 websites, etc. However, those are for a certain market.
There’s a huge difference between a canned, cookie-cutter website, on a propitiatory and limited platform, versus a custom, flexible website that can be easily updated and expanded upon. Your budget needs to be relative to what you want to receive based on estimates from experienced designers who can show you examples of what they can do for similar prices.
Knowledge is your friend. If you have a limited budget, approach designers with the dollar amount range you can work within and ask what they can suggest for you.
Kevin Serwatowski is a digital marketing consultant in Detroit, MI and services clients nationwide.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is Social Feedback Cycle and how does it work?
- Leverage the Power of Social Media Effectively
- What are the Marketing strategies for Grand Opening?
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- What is Social Entrepreneurship? Why is it important to have Social Entrepreneurs?
- How to make a Marketing plan?
- 4 Classic Marketing Communication Mistakes to Avoid
- What Marketing Mistakes do Companies Make?
- Is Sedex a Sustainability certification
- How to create a powerful marketing message?
- How to make a Marketing strategy?
- What are the rules of Marketing?
- Flyer Printing Tips - Getting Your Flyers Printed At the Right Price
- Digital Marketing 101: Tips For Starting Your First Digital Marketing Campaign
- Web Design Budget - Deciding How Much to Spend on your Website
- Designing Your Own Website Vs. Hiring A Professional To Do It
- How to Find the Best Web Designer In Your Area?
- Benefits Of Listing Your Business On Local Business Directories
- Measuring Results With Your SEO Company: How To Know If They're Doing A Good Job
- How are RWA Activities beneficial?
- Ways to Use Micro-influencers to Gain More Customers
- Why Working With A Local Printer Is So Good For Your Business
- Things Businesses Must Consider Before Moving Their Workflows to LinkedIn Sales Automation
- How To Promote Your Band As A Brand
- Grow your account and make lots of passive income on Instagram!!!
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software