Business Networking 101
- Author Vanessa Fardi
- Published May 7, 2016
- Word count 380
We have seen the word a million times in articles, magazines, blogs, even Facebook, but it is very likely we do not have the slightest idea of what "Networking" actually means. We might relate it directly to Facebook and we definitely know it is an important tool when it comes to doing business. But, do we know its actual objective? Networking can be defined as the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups, or institutions, and it specifically refers to the cultivation of productive relationships for employment or business. Now that we finally know what it means, how do we get it done? Should we just go to parties, meetings, benefits and events, talk to people about our company or business, exchange business cards and be sociable? Yes, that is exactly what a networker does. The main idea is to make new contacts with the objective of forming mutually beneficial business relationships. That is it! Now you are an expert on the subject.
There is another aspect we have to consider, why go ahead and do business networking? Some entrepreneurs and business owners actually think business networking is a more cost-effective method of getting new clients than advertising or public relations. Business networking can be conducted in a local business community, or on a larger scale on the Internet. Social networks play a very important role for companies nowadays. Even law firms and oil companies have Facebook and Twitter in order to attract more clients and be able to get the word out there about what they do. Social networks make companies more approachable to the general public and potential future clients. That is the reason why the position of Community Manager has boomed over the last five years. If it is not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn, your company literally does not exist.
To be the greatest networker known to man, just follow these simple, yet life changing, tips:
-Always be honest. No one likes a liar.
-Carry your business cards with you at all times.
-Try to meet at least five or more new people at an event.
-You will need to give to be able to receive. The business relationship works both ways.
-Go get them!
Vanessa Fardi / NEUVOO
Neuvoo is a job search engine that indexes jobs directly from companies' career websites, placement agencies and job boards.
Your job search starts here:
Australia - http://au.neuvoo.com/en
Germany - http://neuvoo.de/deArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
- Most Expensive Perfume in the World
- How Much is an Antique Worth to an Antiques Dealer?
- REFLECT YOUR SUN SIGNS WITH THE INTERIOR DESIGN OF YOUR HOUSE – PART II
- Change your life and become a PADI Scuba Diving Instructor on the PADI IDC Gili Islands, Indonesia.
- REFLECT YOUR SUN SIGNS WITH THE INTERIOR DESIGN OF YOUR HOUSE
- How do I start a food business?
- home inspection Houston
- Lighting tips and ideas by an electrical contractor in Pasadena
- Electrical Remodeling Tips By Electricians in Santa Barbara
- How to Remove Coffee Stains: Effective Tips Using Household Items
- Home Decorating with Rustic Furniture
- A Newbie in the Freelancing World
- Our Top 5 Questions We Receive From Home Sellers in Twin Cities
- Advantages of laser cutting in the business world
- A List of Questions Every Entrepreneur Should Ask Themselves
- How Do I Make Money From My Network Marketing Business?
- Making More Money: Real Estate Investment Tips And Tricks
- Make Money Online and Enjoy Financial Freedom.
- My personalized strategies and hands-on approach for real estate
- Best-Selling DIY Crafts That Will Make You Good Money
- How do you prepare New Plaster for Tile?
- Top 3 Home Organisation Tips
- Make upto $30 per day as a beginner online(No experince needed)
- Simple Ideas for Brightening a Dark Bedroom | ProPickGuide
- Home staging in Orange County rates and charges
- Here the Best Professional Commercial Cleaning Services in New Jersey
- B shine Provide the Best interior Painting and exterior painting Services
- Ultimate Small Shop Review
- Locksmith 4 U - Keypad Door Lock
- How to Earn a 6-Figure Side-Income online from Affiliate marketing