How Can You Build A Bigger Pension?
- Author Mary Jo
- Published June 17, 2016
- Word count 486
Nowadays people are living longer so how you plan for your retirement is becoming more important.
This article will introduce you to six ways you can make the most from pension planning to build as large a pension pot as possible to enjoy in retirement.
- Even after retiring you can still pay into a pension pot
After you stop working you can still pay into your pension pot. In fact, you can keep making contributions until you are 75 and receive up to 45% tax relief. Many people who retire still do part time or consulting work and these earnings can be paid into your pension if you wish. *Note: tax rules and the amount you receive in tax relief is subject to change and can differ depending on your individual circumstances.
- If you switch job you don’t need to lose your pension
Many people think that if they move job they will lose their pension post. When you start a new job you will be asked if you wish to join the pension scheme – you should always take this option, even if it is only a small percentage of your income as the company will match your savings; effectively giving you more money. In order to manage moving jobs you should look to consolidate your pension savings into one pot. For more information about this you should speak to a financial adviser so you do not lose any benefits.
- Pensions are free from inheritance tax
When you pass away your pension can be passed onto beneficiaries. As it typically sites outside your estate there is no inheritance tax to pay.
If you pass away under the age of 75, your beneficiaries can withdraw what they like from your pension and pay no tax. If you die after 75 your beneficiaries will need to be tax on any withdrawals made.
However, if you have converted your pension pot into an annuity then these rules may be different.
- Make contributions as and when you like
Another common myth about pensions is that you must make regular contributions. Nowadays pensions are far more flexible and you are able to contribute when you like. You must however avoid gaps in paying National Insurance.
- Start as early as you can
It is possible to start saving into a child’s pension using a SIPP which allows you to save up to £3600 a year.
- You can delay your pension
It is not compulsory to take your pension from the day you retire. Instead you can delay your pension to leave to your children, or in some circumstances can take your pension early. Depending on your circumstances you may take your pension earlier or later. It is important that you have enough income to last the duration of your retirement so when and how you take your pension is an important decision. You should thoroughly review your options and seek advice and guidance where possible.
This article has been written in association with Maxim Wealth Management and independent financial advice company providing pension advice and retirement planning support. Contact us for a free consultationArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Only Economic Strategy That Systematically Lowers Your Taxes While Paying Off the National Debt
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- The role of AI in finance
- Adsense Pros And Cons
- Places You Can Save Money For Your Family
- Best ways to make money in 2019
- 5 Credit Hacks to Boost Your Credit Score Fast
- How The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Works For You
- Real Estate Outlook May 2019
- What Your Dad Never Told You About Income Investing: Q & A
- Looking for interests from your investments? Intus Life!
- How To Get Wholesale Houses In 7 Days or Less
- Life Settlements: The Option of Selling Unwanted Life Insurance
- Do Stock Market Numbers Really Matter?
- Real Estate Outlook May 2018
- Harnessing Stock Market Volatility
- Real Estate Investment Outlook
- Health Insurance A Must For Everyone
- Managing The Retirement Income Portfolio: The Plan
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Financial Planner
- Why Retirement Planning Is Important
- Florida Online Deed Sales - 2017
- How to make money: 11 tips to learn how to invest your capital
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Millionaires of the 21st Century
- Finding the Good Real Estate Deals
- Only Action Will Create Wealth
- The Global Reset
- Commodity Prices Have Crashed
- What the Wealthy Do Different