Wallace Associates: Director of Sales
- Author Denis Stanley
- Published August 20, 2016
- Word count 695
Director of Sales
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Our client helps the world’s media, information, and technology providers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. Our client advances the business of information as a company "that works" — for each other, their clients, their stakeholders, and their community.
Our client is looking for a proven top-producer, entrepreneurial-minded, highly motivated, results-driven candidate to drive new business within the company’s syndicated subscription services and manage a small sales team to deliver total sales results for the company. The company is looking for a strong player/coach who’s up for a challenge.
This key talent will drive sales of the company’s payment services by establishing and nurturing partnerships with various POS developers (ISVs).
The primary responsibility of this role is to engage with strategy, corporate development, and market intelligence executives in the information industry for the purpose of generating new sales for our Marketing Intelligence Service and develop leads for our custom research and consultancy services. You will manage the team that delivers renewals and sells new memberships and you will oversee sales production for the firm.
You will be responsible for developing a strong pipeline, representing the service, and closing new business in a predominately hunter role while providing forecast oversight for the firm and ensuring successful monthly performance overall. You are a hands-on individual contributor and team leader.
• Meet/exceed assigned new business targets within a defined territory comprising large non-client organizations in the information industry and assigned accounts. Oversee sales production
• Generate sales through professional networking cold-call techniques, following up leads, and business development efforts
• Proactively prospect and build new business with effective pipe management
• Serve as a team leader for a field sales team member and two client services specialists focused on generating new business and client retention
• Develop forecasts for finance, ensure forecast accuracy, and deliver sales targets and meet or exceed them individually and for the team
• Develop sales plans for budget years and establish quotas and compensation plans
• Hire, mentor, develop, retain, and coach individual contributors
What It Takes
The selected candidate will have:
• Must have sales management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years’ experience with business development selling to the information, software, or media industry preferred
• Solution selling orientation with the ability to quickly build credibility with executive-level audiences
• Powerful business development skills to repeatedly gain new clients
• Ability to speak the business language of C-Suite, Heads of Strategy, and CMOs
• Successful sales manager who has rolled up to a sales VP or has run a subset team and territory in a larger sales organization and is now looking for the next level up in a career move to run sales for an organization.
• Demonstrated history with running and growing larger territories
• Experience with Salesforce.com and hands-on use of it to develop and deliver necessary pipeline and forecast reports and sales performance
• Strong business-to-business (B2B) sales experience
• A strong sales record and familiarity with selling information and intelligence services or solutions to the information industry
• Solution-based sales experience with an emphasis on service-oriented products and new business activity
• Skills and confidence to call "high" and "across" organizations and to be part of growing the sales function as product execution ramps in the firm
• Polished, professional, good communicator, accountable, follows through with colleagues, and can present and discuss business issues in a cogent and concise way
• Comfortable in a fast-moving agile environment, can work across time zones, and communicate with individuals across many countries
• Business development experience (such as licensing) is a plus
What the company is about:
Our client we believes that information and knowledge are fuel for the human spirit. They foster understanding, discovery, enjoyment, learning, and commerce around the globe. Our client believes in a world where people always have access to the information they need, advancing their lives so they can advance the lives of others.
Our client offers flexible work hours to help their employees maintain a schedule that works for them.
Please contact our search firm:
Wallace Associates geographic span is super-regional with most clients based in New England, New York, and the DC area. Positions we are filling may be anywhere in the US or occasionally Europe or Pacific Rim.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Financial Analyses Made Easy
- 5 Top Tips for Reducing Shutdown & Turnaround Times
- Top Tips for Selecting the Best Industrial Cleaning Company
- The Pros of Going Cashless in Your Business Payments
- Four Reasons to Ditch Your Paper Records
- Can’t Verify An Employee’s Social Security Number, This Will Help.
- 5 Indicators Your Maintenance Processes Need Improvement
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.