Time Tracker Buyer's Guide 2016. What Features Are Required?
- Author Ivan Petrov
- Published July 28, 2016
- Word count 387
Time trackers enable employees to either passively or manually track time they spent on projects, tasks, and other work. In the simplest terms, it represents a digital variant of paper timesheets.
While many companies still rely on manual processes and spreadsheets to track time, these practices can be inaccurate and hard to scale. In addition to decreased revenue in billable hours, failure to accurately track time can lead to bad data, and reduce ability to make critical business decisions.
And, ironically, one of the biggest issues is that tracking your time takes time.
Time trackers automate the process, reduce human errors associated with monitoring labor and absences, and track productivity.
How to Compare Time Trackers
Inaccurate time tracking leads to unnecessary overtime, bad planning, inaccurate estimates, exceeded budgets, incorrect payroll, or canceled projects. With a right time tracker, you can ensure your company has reliable, accurate data, which can help identify and eliminate problems early. Additionally, your employees won’t spend more time tracking hours and work than getting things done.
Time tracker can help your company increase productivity, because business can see what processes or activities lead to wasted time. Many systems automatically tie hours to invoices and generate accurate bills based on a predetermined rate card.
Conversely, if you need more help with projects or workforce management than the features above provide, consider a project management platform with strong time tracking capabilities.
Time tracker which really helps your company should include the following features:
Integration with project management, accounting, CRM, and HR software
Data export to files including: .pdf, Excel, .csv, and others
Data import from other applications
Custom billing increments
Reports / Analytics
Track non-billable time
Job costing reports
Paid time off (PTO)
Vacation tracking, attendance/absence management
Track offline time / idle timeout
Project/task-based time tracking
Dashboards with real-time reporting
Automatic notifications (due dates, overtime, appointments, etc.)
Task categorization tools, such as tagging or color coding
User or role-based security
The best time trackers provide an overview of the office or workforce. With CrocoTime time tracker, you can see who is currently working, the total hours worked during a selected time period, what the most recent employee’s activity was, etc.
The time tracker offers reports which can be easily generated and shared with customers, management, or executives.
CrocoTime is the time tracker approved by more than 500 of customers ranging from small companies to enterprises of different spheres of business: production companies, project companies, trading, and service companies have been using CrocoTime time tracker to become more productive and efficient.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Strategic planning pillars
- Must have Project Reports
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.
- How To Make A Video Rental Outlet Worthwhile
- Succession Planning
- Carrying Out a Fire Risk Assessment Can Be Very Complicated
- The Importance Of Using Soft Skills In Business
- Unlocking Potential Working with the Best Leadership Training Providers in the UK
- 5 Reasons Why Small Repair Shops Are Using Software
- Choosing A Landlord Software
- Reasons Why Every Company Should Have Corporate Uniforms
- Group Meetings-How Your Employees Will Benefit
- Social media management and can spot trends, as well as new ways to help your business