Swimming Pool Slip and Fall Accidents
- Author Aaron Crane
- Published August 10, 2016
- Word count 758
But swimming pools are also the scene of thousands of injuries each year across the state. Some of these injuries are "slip and fall" accidents. Slip and fall injuries occur when someone slips, falls or trips due to hazardous or dangerous conditions on the property of another party.
Slip and fall accidents are especially dangerous for the elderly. Older adults are not as physically resilient as younger people, due to more fragile bones and lower muscle density due to the natural aging process. When an older adult slips and falls, the most common results are fractured bones, such as broken hips, compression fractures of the spine or broken limbs. Other complications can also result from the fall.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident around someone else's swimming pool or on another person's or business' property due to dangerous conditions, you may be able to gain some compensation for your injuries and associated costs.
The landowner, pool owner or property manager may be liable for your injuries. Contact a lawyer as soon as you can after your injuries occur, to ensure your claim is made before the statutes of limitations expire.
--- Common Hazards of Swimming Pools ---
Swimming pools are notorious for being places where many injuries occur. There are a multitude of risks inherent in swimming pool placement and design, not to mention because of the amount of water and hard surfaces present in and around swimming pools. Some of the most common hazards of swimming pools include:
Concrete and stone surfaces that become slippery when wet. Pool decks can grow algae, making the surfaces even more slick and hazardous.
Uneven surfaces of safety covers and other tripping hazards on the pool deck that may not remain flush on the pavement.
Ground shifting over time around the pool, creating uneven decking or paving, cracking surfaces and creating tripping hazards.
Construction hazards when pools are being built or renovated, leading to pooled water, uneven surfaces and tripping hazards on the hard surfaces.
Improperly secured gates that permit children to gain unsupervised access to pool areas.
Slick surfaces coated in baby oil or greasy suntan lotion, food, beverages and other materials that make surfaces even more slippery than just water alone.
Wet tile floors in rooms adjacent to pool areas due to foot traffic to and from the pool, creating slipping danger that is exacerbated by hard surface exposure typical to these types of facilities.
Defective equipment or pools, such as broken ladders from the water to the deck, uneven stairs, broken diving boards, or exposed cracks on slides.
Slippery surfaced diving boards or diving boards with pooled water.
Poorly constructed diving boards that perform improperly and cause severe spine or neck injury.
Pool maintenance equipment left on the pool deck or other areas, creating tripping hazards.
Improper use of water hoses to fill pools, leading to pool deck and lawn pooling and creating wet surfaces prime for slipping.
--- Swimming Pool Safety ---
In order to remain safe around your pool in the warm climate of Arizona, there are precautions that you should take to prevent slip and fall accidents. By observing these safety measures and guidelines, you and those who enjoy your pool with you will be safe from injuries that can change your life:
Walk slowly - do not run - around pool areas
Wear swimming shoes with traction or other traction shoes around the pool
Never dive into shallow areas or from the side of the pool
Ensure all children are wearing flotation devices
Keep rescue flotation devices in good repair and visible to pool users
Learn CPR for use in an emergency
Ensure a lifeguard or responsible adult with swimming and rescue capability are always alert and "on duty" around the pool when swimmers are present
Ensure the pool is fenced in to keep unsupervised children out, with a locked gate that adults must unlatch
Do not swim immediately after eating
Clear all equipment and tripping hazards off of the pool deck
--- Legal Help for Your Slip and Fall Accident Case ---
When you are injured in a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of someone else, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. A personal injury law firm can help injured victims of swimming pool slip and fall accidents gain compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages each year. Swimming pool accidents are all too common in states where pools play a major role in enjoyment of summer weather.
Aaron Crane, an experienced Phoenix personal injury attorney from Cantor Crane, is familiar with pool injuries associated with a slip and fall accident. Medical bills from these kind of injuries can be very expensive. Contact an attorney today for a free consultation.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Look at the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt
- The Pros and Cons in a Sugar Daddy Dating Relationship
- Tips on Running Your Own E-commerce Website
- Blueberries Are Full of Health Benefits
- Bailex Felix - Top Spa Resort in Romania
- 5 Powerful Ways To Raise Your Online Profile
- Do you really want to lose weight now?
- 5 Reasons Why Online Marketing Is Flourishing (And How You Can Use It In Your Business)
- 5 Underrated Animations That Deserve More Attention
- The power of evidence
- The Critical analysis in the Economy of Paraguay
- A qualitative view point of Managerial skills
- Get Custom Printed Chinese Takeout Boxes with Free Shipping
- For BBW Admirers: How to Choose the Right BBW Dating Apps
- Why Do Health Insurers Require Prior Authorization?
- Are garage conversions the answer to the housing crisis?
- Kitchen Remodeling For Additional Value To Your Home
- Understanding CBD Strengths for Vaping
- Buy Edu Backlinks
- You Only Need To Believe In Order To Begin Attracting
- Cool Food carbon reduction project wins European REGIOSTARS 2020 Award
- List Out The 5 Benefits of CCTV Cameras
- The Multimillionaire Mindset That Leads to Financial Success
- Charity: The Greatest Money-making Secret
- How Bill Gates made Microsoft a huge Business Success
- How Steve Jobs made Apple a huge Business Success
- How John D Rockefeller became the Richest Person in Modern History Via Business
- Credit Monitoring Will Save Your Credit
- 5 Quick Tips to Resolve POGO Games Not working and Sign in issue
- Best Leather Jacket mens