7 Ways to Increase Your Focus and Get More Done
- Author Marie Kpowell
- Published August 26, 2016
- Word count 495
The modern way of life is full of distractions. We are surrounded by so many things which can be hindering our productivity and damage the potential. Most of the users are already so used to distractions that we start looking for one after a while.
If you can put a stop to things like distraction and multitasking, your productivity level will definitely skyrocket. In today’s post, I will share some working tips to increase your focus and reduce the distractions.
Planning ahead in the night before could be an excellent way to increase your focus on the following day. Identify the two most important tasks you have to do the next day and write them down. On the next day, do these two tasks before you do anything else and you will accomplish a lot already.
You also need to be careful about the potential sources of distraction and keep a safe distance from them. If possible, turn off the notifications on your mobile and computer. Another proven strategy is to limit your email checking frequency.
You will be more focused when you are comfortable with the environment. Therefore, it should be a priority to get comfortable with the atmosphere. Adjust things like your clothing, seating arrangement, music, temperature, furniture location, document management system etc. Find out which settings suit you best and keep them like that.
If you want more control over your wondering mind, you should practice some kind of meditation. While most people think meditation takes a lot of preparation, which is not true at all. Sitting still for five minutes could be a great meditation too. Start with the basics and gradually move towards the advanced techniques.
Another big step in increasing your focus is to set achievable goals. There is no problem with bigger goals. But you need to break the large goal into small, manageable chunks so that you can accomplish them one by one. Otherwise, you will keep thinking and make plans about the bigger goal, while not taking any actual step to achieve the target.
When it comes to increasing your focus, you can’t ignore the importance of sleep. Depending on your condition, you need 7-8 hours of sleep every day. Some people prefer to sleep less and work more. While that may work in the short-term, they will definitely face problems in the future. They are highly likely to lose the ability to focus completely on something.
Delaying gratifications could be another effective way to increase your focus. Instead of allowing that activity instantly, make it a reward for accomplishing something important. When you have a motivator ahead, you are more likely to be focused and engaged in your work.
So, these were the best ways to increase your focus and get more done. Try to follow as much of this advice as possible and you will be amazed with the result. Let me know how these tips work out for you.
Marie is an industry-leading productivity expert with years of experience. She has hands-on experience in boosting the overall productivity of small to mediums sized businesses. Being interested in sharing her expertise with the entrepreneurs, she writes directional articles on various business blogs.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Elevating Corporate Success through Relationship Asset Management (RAM): The Chief Relationship Officer's Vital Role
- 5 Strategies for Becoming an Inspiring Leader
- Are you a Leader—or a Dinosaur?
- Networking—Basic things to know
- Lessons from a Farmer
- Think like an Entrepreneur
- Maximising ROI at Your Next Corporate Event
- Hiring Your Leadership Team: The Best Traits for the Best Employee Experience
- Reqi: Your Ultimate Requirements Management Tool
- Hiring Insights and Tips from a COO with a Psychoanalytic Mindset
- Micromanagement Stifles Creativity and Growth
- TIKTOK INFLUENCER MARKETING
- Innovate or Stagnate: Why Business Model Transformation is Non-Negotiable.
- Creating a successful Trade show in 2023
- Air Lift Performance: Elevating Your Driving Experience with Air Suspension
- Disaster Recovery Plan for Tornado
- What Is a 360 Leadership Assessment?
- Diary Management: A Comprehensive Guide
- Supreme Synergy: Humans and AI Redefining Performance Management
- Corporate Prepaid Cards Highlights the Hidden Costs of Cheap Corporate Gifts
- NEARSOL Capitalises on Rapid Growth of Australian BPO Industry, Revolutionising Outsourcing Solutions
- Are Legal Service Companies Better than Law Firms?
- Threats to Aviation Safety; when operating in low infrastructure aerodromes
- Diversity and Inclusion Employee Survey
- How to Lead an Employee Resource Group
- Effective Management: Qualities, Mindset and Strategies for Success
- WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF MOTIVATED PEOPLE?
- best gold ira companies
- Guiding Construction Management Strategy: A Theoretical Perspective