Natural Anti Inflammatory Foods
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published October 15, 2016
- Word count 493
A natural process which has a biological purpose to initiate the healing by increasing the circulation is known as inflammation. It is a process which involves the vascular system and immune system. It also involves interplay of various chemical mediators and is known as a complex process. Here, the nourishment and the white blood cells are brought by the increased circulation to the place of infection or injury so that the invading pathogens are killed and the damaged ones are repaired.
The characteristics of inflammation are heat, redness, swelling and pain. Inflammation can be either treated by medicines or naturally by being on a diet. Medicines have side effects, so natural anti inflammatory foods are consumed for better performance without any risk. However, different foods are said to be metabolized differently, some of it promote inflammation while others reduce it. Here are some of the natural anti inflammatory foods.
Vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables and fruits of green and bright color help the process of inflammatory. Vegetables and fruits are rich in minerals, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants by which the body gets the essential building blocks for health, for example, squash, sweet potatoes, avocados, beans, lentils, dark green leafy vegetables and cruciferous vegetables. There are many antioxidants and phytochemicals present in the vegetables and fruits that have anti inflammatory properties.
Fats: Foods like coconut oil, nuts, sardines, salmon, olive oil and avocados are natural anti inflammatory foods which are very healthy. Omega 3 fatty acids are also natural anti inflammatory agents which are converted into prostaglandins, a hormone like substance. These are found in oily fish of cold water like mackerel, herring and salmon. These are also found in flax seed which is also known as linseed and its oil. The omega 6 fats also help in reducing the pain and inflammation and these are found in sesame seed oil, safflower, sunflower and pumpkin.
Spices: There are many spices which help in reducing the inflammation out of which turmeric is the best. It is the best natural anti inflammatory food which is recommended to the patients suffering from arthritis. It can either be taken as a supplement or it can be added to the food. Other spices used for reducing the inflammation are rosemary, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and oregano. Polyphenols and bioflavanoids are used to reduce inflammation as well as fight with the free radicals. Cayenne pepper too is used as anti inflammatory as it has capsicum present in it and capsicums are often used in creams for pain relief.
Grain: Whole grains are natural anti inflammatory foods which are rich in complex carbohydrates. The complex carbohydrates help in preventing spikes in the sugar level of the blood because the sugar promotes inflammation. However, grains should be not refined as these have bran and germ and if it is been removed then there is a loss of minerals, vitamins and fiber. Some of the best grains are bulgar, oats, whole oats, quinoa, whole wheat and couscous.
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure