Sports Law in Cyprus
- Author Michael Chambers
- Published November 17, 2016
- Word count 490
The sports industry is becoming more and more commercialised and globalised. As a result, athletes, coaches and other stakeholders engaged in the sports industry are seeking a professional legal guidance so that to safeguard their rights and maximise their profits. Sports law is an emerging area of law that is directly interconnected and overlaps with a variety of legal disciplines, such as contract law, employment law, tort law and defamation, corporate law, immigration law and privacy rights.
The assistance of a professional lawyer who has a thorough knowledge of the aforementioned areas of law is essential both for professionals in the sports industry (i.e. athletes, coaches, physiotherapists, etc.) and other stakeholders, such as the governing boards of sport clubs, investors, etc.
Investors: Sports are not limited only to the regulations of the playing field as they are intertwined with society and economy, especially with entertainment and advertising industries. As a result, sports can be a profitable area of investment, through sponsorship and advertisement. On the one point of view, sports launched opportunities for investment in areas such as broadcasting rights, which is related to the area of Intellectual Property Law. On the other point of view, sports established a new area of marketing that develops opportunities for investment in areas such as sport clubs’ shares as the majority of sport clubs have become companies.
Athletes, Sports Professionals and Clubs: The continuous mobility of athletes and other sports professionals between teams together with the complexity of the contracts includes a variety of legal concerns. As a result, a legal representation of athletes, sport professionals and clubs is vital. Lawyers are able to assist you on matters related to contract law, breach of contracts, transfers, etc.
Before signing a contract, athletes and other sport professionals, should be sure that they are aware of the various clauses and provisions. Note that a contract between a sport professional and a club might be subject to breach. For example, in case a sport club in Cyprus does not honour its engagement regarding its obligations toward the athlete/sport professional, then the athlete/sport professional may submit a claim for remedies and/or damages to Cyprus Courts or FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber. Consequently, the assistance of a professional lawyer is necessary.
Competent Authority in Cyprus:
The competent authority in Cyprus is the Cyprus Sports Organisation (CSO), a semi-governmental organisation. According to the Law, CSO can act as the Supreme Sporting Authority in Cyprus.
Why legal support is necessary?
Sports are considered as one of the most profitable industries with prominent investment opportunities and huge revenues. Therefore, the appropriate legal support may assist athletes, sport professionals and other stakeholders to maximise their benefits and protect their rights. As it has been explained, athletes, sport professionals and other stakeholders, before appointing a legal representative in the Republic of Cyprus, should ensure that their lawyer has a deep knowledge and expertise in a variety areas of law.
Michael Chambers and Co. LLC is a full service Cyprus law firm offering a wide spectrum of expertise in an impressive variety of legal disciplines. Our philosophy is simple: you give us the facts and we will give you the law, based upon which we will undertake your instructions in an efficient and cost-effective manner. For more information: www.cypruslawfirm.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Using Heel Pads to Treat Sever's Disease in the Childs Foot
- Can the corn removal pads help get rid of corns on the feet?
- Epoxy Resin Flooring with high durability in brief
- Cost of Epoxy Floor Coatings in Sydney, Australia
- Epoxy Floor Coatings and Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings
- the main Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Advantages of Epoxy Flooring in less than 4 minutes.
- Why Epoxy Flooring in Sydney is on high Demands?
- Yak Cheese Chews For Dogs - The DELICIOUS Way To Keep Your Pup Busy
- The Benefits of Dog Wet Wipes
- The Scoop on Compostable Dog Poo Bags
- Keep Your Pup's Ears Clean and Healthy with the Right Ear Cleaner
- Can Reflexology Help Improve Your Health?
- How can you get rid of corns on the foot?
- What is pitted keratolysis?
- How to treat cracked skin around the heels?
- Should you be concerned about concussion in children?
- 4 Benefits of a Post-Divorce Smile Makeover
- How to choose the best dog poo bags
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- How Useful Are the Urea Based Creams for Dry Skin?
- Dealing With Cracked Skin Around the Heels
- How to select the best shoes for the growing child's foot
- What can go wrong with the feet in cyclists?
- How can foot orthotics help foot problems?
- What are the common causes of foot pain?
- 3 Ways You Can Improve Your Health From Home Using Natural Methods
- How Google Algorithm Updates Impact Your SEO
- What Higher Interest Rates Can't Do
- The symptoms of chilblains in the foot being caused by COVID-19