New Year's Resolutions For A Radio DJ
- Author Jonathan C. Clarkson
- Published January 1, 2017
- Word count 526
The sound of revelry will soon be spreading over the world as we usher 2017 into our hearts and calendars. It's the period when our ambitions come to the fore: do this, change that, learn this language ready for that trip of a lifetime...
However, if you're a radio DJ, a fresh attitude can hit you in other ways. We don't just mean playing Auld Lang Syne at the stroke of midnight, and broadcasting a live party from your radio DJ software. These resolutions can follow you well beyond the New Year:
Broaden your playlists
No-one likes being stuck in a mire of the same material, day-in, day-out. Although your listeners will appreciate having the consistency of a certain genre of music to plug into - 80s rock, jazz, pop or punk - it's best to shake up your old standards, and bring in some new blood, so to speak.
Online resources make it easy to find new or more obscure artists than the ones you fell in love with years ago. The music industry has changed so drastically that, in a lot of cases, the greatest tunes have to be hunted down rather than coming to you unheeded. Why not download a discovery app like Shazam and note any songs you like the sound of on your travels? An open mind makes for a happy listenership.
Stay 'on brand' for the year
If you haven't been getting the audience you were hoping for, maybe your brand is due a rethink. Broadcasting software lets anyone with a mic and a laptop turn their hand at DJ'ing. Amateurs can steadily gain a following, even if they don't anticipate it, which makes it essential to fine-tune your station identity.
So, what are you great at? Comedy programmes could apply their unique tone to a shedload of topics such as cooking, current affairs and the entertainment industry, to name a few. Likewise, radio dramas and news reporting should have a distinctive 'voice' to call their own. Between-track features, like jingles, also have to fall in line with whatever else you land on.
Adapt to your listeners' feedback
Just say - if you've done the legwork - that a significant cadre of people tune into your station every week, or every day. Anyone using radio automation software, such as SAM Broadcaster Cloud and SAM Broadcaster PRO, can take listener requests and add them to a queue. But what does this tell you? What are the patterns (if any) that emerge from inbound song titles?
You can also learn a lot from your social media channels. Live streams can benefit enormously from real-time read-outs of listener comments. All of this makes your audience feel included in the direction of your audio career, whether it's set on stardom or a lifelong hobby.
So, how's that for a 2017 wish list? Putting these New Year's resolutions into action will reap huge rewards for your sense of accomplishment: surely the most vital goal of any internet radio DJ! If you haven't done so already, browse through our latest SAM Broadcaster features, and upgrade your online radio streaming game in time for January: http://spacial.com/what-we-do-features/
Jonathan C. Clarkson is a professional radio broadcaster who has recently migrated from terrestrial broadcasting to online radio stations thanks to the lower costs involved and wider reach of the online audience.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Keep Your Audience Engaged on YouTube
- Video Production Tips: How To Get The Best Aerial Footage With Drones
- Download VirtualXposed APK for all Android Devices
- Become an online radio presenter with SAM Broadcaster Cloud
- What is a Creative Content Studio
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand
- How to Shrink the Size of My 4K UHD videos?
- Review of Top Six Free DVD Copy Software for Windows 10/7
- Want To Take Better Pictures? Read These Tips!
- What is HEVC？How HEVC better than H.264？ What are the advantages of HEVC？
- The Secret Of CLIPPING PATH SERVICE
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Price Malaysia and Specs
- iPhone Marketing Strategies - 3 Easy Methods to Go Mobile
- Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- SAM Broadcaster, how good is it?
- How do I change a wmf picture to PDF?
- Designer Kid
- Hybrid Hard Drives (SSHD) and Data Recovery
- I Reinstalled Windows! Can I Recover My Data?
- Show Your Tablet Some Love, Tips And Tricks To Reduce Energy Consumption
- Making Your Wedding Photography Shoot Perfect
- Wedding Photography Changes from Yesterday to Today
- What, How and Why Clipping Path???
- Best Software for Photo Manipulation
- ABC of Clipping Path
- Have You Used Easy Video Player?
- Changing Mindsets: Digital Publishing is Not Simply a PDF