9 Reasons Why Social Media Has Become An Epic Fail for Your Business
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published January 19, 2017
- Word count 917
Stop wasting your time; here’s what you can do right now to turn things around.
Wish you were getting better results with your social media?
Many entrepreneurs I talk to are frustrated they aren’t seeing anything come of their social media efforts. They’re ready to give up, thinking it’s all been a huge waste of time.
This is when I tell them social media marketing isn't as easy as creating and posting content. Indeed, there’s much more that goes into making social media marketing work effectively for a business.
So if you can relate and feel like you’re spending hours on social media and think it’s all been an epic waste of time fail, then it's time to take an honest look at what you are doing.
Social media is a prominent advertising, marketing and lead generating tool for businesses today but the trick is being strategic about your efforts.
Keep reading the rest of this article for ways that you might need to get more strategic and turn your efforts into a profit-making endeavour.
Here are nine common mistakes business owners and entrepreneurs make with their social media:
- You Aren't Relevant. It's really important to know your audience (aka your ideal client) and choose posts they will find meaningful and useful. Stay on topic within a range of subject matter they care about.
For example if you have a work-at-home-Mom Facebook page, posting a story about potty training tips is a little off base. Yes, it's a parenting article, but it's not about home business.
- You Don't Have a Plan. It's really important to map out a social media marketing calendar and decide what are you promoting and when. Ensure you’re posting when you know the most amount of followers will see that post.
Be sure to write articles and social media posts that are in alignment with your sales goals and ones that you know your ideal target market would appreciate reading.
When the stars are aligned, magic happens.
- You’re Following Someone Else's Blueprint For Success. You know your target audience better than anyone. What works for one social media guru may not work for you.
It's OK to get ideas and strategies, but the real test is when you try it. Look at your analytics and see if your posts get the engagement and response you desired.
Do what works for your business, not what you think is working for someone else.
- Your Metrics Are Not Specific Enough. What is your social media goal for a campaign you are running? Is it brand engagement, visibility, website traffic, lead generation or sales?
Each goal will be measured with different tools. Use the right tool to measure the metric that accurately reflects your achievement for that goal.
- You’re Too Promotional. Don't turn your social media accounts into a non-stop, 24/7 promotion for your business.
It's important to offer a good mix of value-oriented posts that are sprinkled with some calls to action. If you promote too heavily, you'll turn off your audience and they will stop following you so make sure the bulk of your posts truly engages their interest.
- You Never Post Original Content. Fans are attracted to you because of who you are and what you know. They want to hear from you and see your original articles, freebies, surveys, quotes, and graphics.
So give them something just from you instead of always sharing other people’s content.
- You Aren't Engaging With Your Audience. Posting and leaving without interacting with your followers is a sure-fire way to tell your followers not to bother commenting again.
Monitor your pages and respond quickly to comments. Write posts that ask readers opinions and thoughts and get engaged with the conversation.
Social media has great potential to be a two-way conversation. Be inviting, open, responsive and build relationships with your fans.
- You’re Not Patient Enough. Rome wasn’t built in a day and social media won’t make you a millionaire quickly either.
Social media marketing is part of a "Relationship" or "Inbound" marketing strategy, which is based on the premise of developing relationships with your followers over time.
With this methodology, comes trust that once someone has grown to know, like and trust you, they will then be much more willing to purchase from you. It all takes time. Patience and consistency is the key to social media marketing success.
- You Don't Have a Team To Help You. If you’re doing your social media all by yourself, it may be time to delegate some of that task as part of your marketing team.
A social media specialist can help you create a strategy, develop themes that align with your business, curate content, schedule posts, monitor comments and mentions, and analyze the results.
Your social media team may also include a graphic designer to make social media graphics, a content curator/poster, and an analyst. If you want to dive deep and boost your results, a team will help you get there faster.
Social media is a powerful way to build your brand exposure but going in with no strategy is akin to throwing spaghetti on the wall and hoping something sticks.
If you need help with your social media efforts, ask me about how we can help you or consider joining my monthly Social Blast membership group where you will learn proper strategies that will turn your failures into triumphs. Learn more about Social Blast here.
Susan Friesen is the founder of eVision Media, a boutique web development and Digital Marketing firm of over 15 years that specializes in designing, building and marketing professional, unique websites for entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations.
Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.ca and grab your FREE "Ultimate Guide to Improving Your Website's Profitability - 10 Critical Questions You Must Ask to Get Maximum Results".Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Working With A Local Printer Is So Good For Your Business
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world