Visual Artists Can Sell Art on Free Portfolio Websites
- Author Shawn Mcnulty
- Published April 8, 2017
- Word count 383
There are several high traffic websites that allow artists to upload work and maintain a free portfolio. As an artist, it's in your best interest to be involved. Remember to keep your work and information updated, and always include a link back to your website.
The UK based Saatchi Gallery launched an online community for artists called Saatchi Art in 2010 that has become very popular among artists and collectors all over the world. They also hold "showdowns" where artists can submit work to compete against each other, and the winning artworks are displayed at the actual gallery. You can arrange to sell your original work (and giclee prints if you have hi res files) directly through Saatchi, and they take a 30% commission. The artist is responsible for packaging their art, and Saatchi pays for shipping and schedules a pickup from your studio.
Absolute Arts is affiliated with World Wide Arts Resources and has become one of the leading websites for artist portfolios since 2005. They offer a free account, as well as a premiere account for $50 per year which gets you more features including more exposure. You can arrange to sell your work directly through Absolute Arts, and they take a commission.
Etsy started out as a small company in Brooklyn in 2005 as an alternative to eBay with the focus on buying and selling fine art and handmade goods. Today, it has 1.7 million active sellers and 26.1 million active buyers. Listing an item costs $.20, and there is a 3.5% fee on your asking price when the item sells. You won't find the serious art collectors spending $10,000 on a painting like Saatchi, but I do recommend keeping active portfolio of art for sale $1000 or less.
Carbonmade seems more geared towards the illustration and design community, but I'm including it because of its clean, simple approach and sensibility. Take the time to create a basic five image portfolio and join the gang. The website was put together by a group of NYC designers in 2005 and shows no signs of slowing down.
Deviant Art, based out of Hollywood, CA, has been online since 2000 and provides a free platform for any artist to exhibit and discuss art. The design isn't as clean as the others, but there is a lot of content and it ranks well with the search engines.
Shawn McNulty is a full-time contemporary artist known for his signature abstract paintings based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Check out his portfolio at http://shawnmcnulty.com as well as his blog at http://shawnmcnulty.com/artistblog/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- How to Disassemble Furniture When Moving House?
- Improve your drafting with a multi-purpose CAD platform
- 5 Simple and Successful Methods to Overcome Erectile Dysfunction
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Hard Drive Cloning Software - What It Is and Why You Need It
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- Take This Crap Off Your Resume If You Want An Interview!
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- What they don’t tell you about owning a creative small business.
- Year Round Lawn Care and Maintenance