Commercial HVAC Tips to Save You Money this Summer
- Author Darren Lowrey
- Published May 2, 2017
- Word count 789
Summer in California is known for being incredibly hot, and we rely heavily on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems to keep us cool during the day. However, keeping the air cool can prove to be expensive if the commercial HVAC system is not running properly.
Are you a business owner or manager and looking to keep the price down while staying cool this summer? Take a look at these huge energy saving tips that will not only cut your energy bill, but will also improve your commercial HVAC efficiency.
5 ENERGY SAVING COMMERCIAL HVAC TIPS
In a study conducted by the U.S. Department of Energy, resources that power a commercial HVAC system often go to waste. You may be spending 30% more on your energy bill because of a poor HVAC system. Check out these 5 big HVAC tips to help out the commercial HVAC system and save money.
Change the Air Filters Regularly
We cannot stress enough how much it means to change out your air filters. Replacing the air filters can reduce the amount of energy wasted by 5-10%. A dirty air filter is not only disgusting, it restricts the airflow coming out of the air ducts above you, causing the commercial HVAC system working harder to make up for it. This, and poor air quality are key reasons why you should change your air filters.
Make sure to check up on them on a monthly basis, and replace them at least once every 3 months to give your HVAC the room it needs to breathe and provide cool air for your business throughout the summer, without breaking the bank.
Switch to a Programmable Thermostat
In a diverse work environment, meeting the temperature needs of everyone is hard to do. Some like it just to be cool while others prefer a chiller feel. With a programmable thermostat, you can create a schedule that meets the needs of all your customers and employees.
With a programmable thermostat, you will save wasted energy and reduce the cost of running your HVAC. There’s different plans – 7 days and 5+2 days – you can set the thermostat’s schedule around. A 7 day plan is great for restaurants and stores as they stay consistently open, with temperature changes that correlate with the summer temperatures. A 5+2 day plan is great for offices and corporations that operate only on the weekdays, reducing energy use during the weekends to save money on keeping the place cool when no one is there.
Properly Seal Heating and Cooling Ducts
Leaky tubing or warps in ducts can be a massive blow to the efficiency of your HVAC system, but is simple to repair. Items like mastic, foil tape, duct sealant and custom sheet metal fabrication can all be used to seal ducts. An even better way to ensure the sealing effect is to surround your air ducts with insulation. The best places to check yourself areas around the building that aren’t often looked at, such as in cooled, unheated spots.
A HVAC technician is perfect for this job, as they can help you identify leaks in your commercial HVAC system and help you save up to 20% of wasted energy per year.
Upgrade or Replace Your Current HVAC System
This may be the year you will have to replace your ancient HVAC system. A commercial HVAC system past its lifespan is bound to breakdown at any time, and you certainly don’t want that to happen come summertime. If your HVAC system is over a decade old, it’s time to get it upgraded to an Energy Star certified system. New systems have more advanced heating and air conditioning pumps made for efficiency and reducing energy loss up to 20%. Your commercial HVAC system isn’t the only thing that should be upgraded. Furnaces and boilers over 15 years old need to be replaced as well.
Upgrading or replacing your current commercial HVAC equipment may be the best thing you can do if you have an aged system.
Connect with a HVAC Professional to Schedule Preventative Maintenance
While it may be easy to go over your HVAC system and call it a day, chances are you aren’t a HVAC expert. A certified HVAC professional can help you out immensely.
This is probably the most cost efficient HVAC tip there is. It’s beneficial to work with a HVAC professional than to have your commercial HVAC shut down on you during a hot summer day. You don’t have the time as a business owner or manager to close the business down for a day to get your HVAC system repaired. A HVAC professional will thoroughly check all parts of the system to make sure it is running smoothly and as efficiently as possible.
Select ACR has been around for over 65 years, providing high quality HVAC service for all our clients. We know what a commercial HVAC system needs to run efficiently, and we know how to save you money on energy in the process. For more information about our preventative maintenance plans, please contact us today! We’re here for you when you need us, 24/7.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- THE #1 SHINGLE ROOF INSTALLER
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System