What is factoring and invoice discounting? The differences and benefits
- Author Jim May
- Published May 13, 2017
- Word count 509
What is factoring? Let’s take an instance. Person ‘A’ is doing well in business presently. ‘A’ has sold some of his widgets (maybe 10). But, he has to wait for that payment for 2 months. In such a situation, he just cannot sit and wait for the money. He has to maintain a proper cash flow in order to grow his business. And this is where the concept of factoring comes in.
What is factoring?
It’s a financial transaction when a business sells its invoices (accounts receivable) at a discount to a factoring company (a third party, also known as factor). Now this company will give you around 80-95% of that amount immediately so that you can cater to your instant cash needs.
4 major types of factoring –
In this cash management process, the factor later collects the payment from the creditors and returns rest of the amount, minus the discount or commission to you.
Many markets see this concept of factoring as invoice discounting as well. However, there is a fine difference between both these concepts of cash flow management.
What is invoice discounting?
In this process, a business borrows cash using the unpaid invoices as collateral. The invoice discounter agrees to pay a certain percentage of the total value in the accounts receivables. However, the business needs to pay interest along with that loaned amount to their invoice discounter once creditors make the payments.
What are the differences between these 2 cash management tools?
In factoring, factors take control of your sales ledger; while in the other, you can have complete control and maintain the confidentiality of your invoices.
Again, in the first method, the factor will chase your creditors for those payments. In invoice discounting, you need to do the same in the usual process.
Your clients will be clearly aware of your relationship with a factoring company, while in the other one, this entire process remains completely opaque.
Benefits of these cash management tools:
There are reasons why businesses are constantly hiring factoring companies to grow to escalate financially. Benefits of both these tools are –
You can receive instant cash within 24 hours.
Up to 95% of the amount can be released from your unpaid invoices.
You don’t need any other asset to keep as collateral. So, it’s safe.
Funding levels can impact your turnover with a positive outcome.
Besides, experienced accounts receivable specialists offer excellent business advice too.
With these methods, businesses can effectively focus on the various resources in other sectors as well.
Companies in different domains including manufacturing, construction, recruitment, printers, etc. can avail such services for profitable management of their finance. Also, startups, struggling and growing businesses can make the best use of this facility.
One more suggestion: While hiring the accounts receivable specialists, make sure to choose the reputed company who can ensure fast (within 24 hours) and safe funding. Look for the companies who offer low factoring rates with higher advanced payments. Choose the smarter way to manage cash and help your business escalate.
There are no posted comments.
- What is Digital Wealth Management?
- Benefits of Choosing Vinyl Siding For Your Home
- Brighten up your home with house painting this spring
- 6 Simple & Easy Ways To Help The Environment: At Home & At Work
- HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #2 - Best Wonder of the World
- Spiritual forces governing us enlighten our path to realization of our purpose in life
- Economic Recovery: The Homestead Act of 1862 VS the Economic Democracy Act of 2021
- Happy Birthday Quotes
- Trust Fund Babies VS Economic Freedom in America
- How to Start Dropshipping Business Without Expensive Budget
- Gangs of the Lake.
- Goodbye Momma...
- Call Me Chuck.
- Mirror, Mirror, On the wall...
- How To Hire Cleaning Service
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #1 - Home Projects Are Business Operations
- Firesafe Launch Virtual CIBSE CPD
- BS Fixings Launches exciting new website.
- Hollow Knight: Silksong Release Date
- What are the benefits of couples massage Tukwila?
- Programmable MQTT Devices - NORVI
- Places You Need To Visit In Scotland That You Have Probably Never Heard Of
- How do implant doctors use dental laser effectively
- How to Use a Rotary Encoder?
- Factors to Consider When Selecting Rotary Encoders
- Comparison of central air conditioning- Toshiba vs Mitsubishi vs Daikin
- Maintenance of Absolute Encoders
- How To Choose Pharma Bottle?
- Automotive Companies only Access 5% of their Vehicle Data
- How to Earn Free Robux in Roblox