How to Save Energy & Money in Different Business Sectors
- Author Lynne Lycett
- Published May 22, 2017
- Word count 536
Whilst there are ways BAS Energy can help a business to save money, there are also ways in which they can help themselves to be more energy efficient whilst being in the workplace.
Here are four different examples of how some businesses can save money and energy consumption:
Restaurants & Cafes
How to Save Energy & Money in Different Business Sectors - Restaurants & Cafes
Businesses in the food and leisure industry can save money on their energy by training their staff on efficiency usage measures and by installing energy efficient boilers and appliances across their kitchens and dining spaces.
They can look at green energy solutions such as biomass boilers which may be able to use waste products from the kitchens for a cyclical recycling approach.
How to Save Energy & Money in Different Business Sectors - Shops
The retail sector is a tremendously heavy user of energy where physical premises are in play.
Stores have lighting and heating requirements around the clock, so one of the first priority areas is to carry out a tariff review to see if savings can be made. Lightbulbs should also be switched to the most energy-efficient LED models.
If you have chilled units, keep them away from doors and keep them covered with blinds to prevent chilled air from escaping.
Evaporative condenser systems – rather than air-cooled condensers – are also recommended as being more energy efficient.
How to Save Energy & Money in Different Business Sectors - Offices
Heating and air conditioning is a real energy guzzler, and older systems are particularly inefficient and can also lead to health issues. Consider investing in the newer models and ask a specialist to review your premises with the view of recommending efficient heating and cooling methods.
New smart technologies can adjust the temperature automatically to optimise usage and bills. Similar technologies can be used in bathrooms to minimise water usage, such as smart sensor controls on taps. Intelligent light controls are also a worthwhile investment.
Making sure staff are turning off PC screens and electronic equipment at the end of the day should be a high priority. Action Energy, a government-funded body, estimates that £90m is wasted annually by UK companies that leave computers turned on when not in use. As well as energy and cost savings, there’s the environmental impact too, as reducing this would produce a saving of one tonne of carbon dioxide emissions a year.
How to Save Energy & Money in Different Business Sectors - Factories
Again, smart sensors can help to ensure that temperatures are optimised correctly in warehousing and production spaces, and staff training can help ensure that teams follow the correct efficiency processes and are motivated to seek out continuous energy improvements.
An energy efficiency consultant can be a valuable service to use in a larger factory as various efficiency savings may be possible, including running lines at certain times of the day, switching tariffs, using standby functions and investments such as combined heat and power installations, supply voltage optimisation and increased process automation.
Though we may have only looked at four examples here, all types of companies can benefit from making changes in the way they run their company to make savings on business energy.
So if you are a small to medium sized business, why not make changes to your energy management plan and see how much you could be saving!http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Budgeting Operational Plans
- Management Operating Systems: Effectively managing your operations for enhanced performance
- Should I Invest During the Pandemic?
- Gender gap in entrepreneurship
- 6 Productivity Hacks That (Actually) Work for Your Small Business
- Social Entrepreneurship
- How to choose a Marketing Strategy for any Marketing Campaign?
- The Billionaire Guide On Startup Accelerator Program That Helps You Get Rich
- How can Marketing be done post COVID?
- Crazy for Study launches calculus solutions - Get Textbook Solutions Manual PDF
- Debt management
- 5 core personality traits that will get you a job
- Procurement - It's Methods and Process?
- Should You Renovate Your Office?
- Key Element of Medical devices management system
- Why company logo matters
- House Transpo Vice-Chairperson Cong. Carlo Gonzalez Welcomes Recommendation
- Why Is Prince2 Software So Popular With Project Managers?
- Financial Analyses Made Easy
- 5 Top Tips for Reducing Shutdown & Turnaround Times
- Top Tips for Selecting the Best Industrial Cleaning Company
- The Pros of Going Cashless in Your Business Payments
- Four Reasons to Ditch Your Paper Records
- Can’t Verify An Employee’s Social Security Number, This Will Help.
- 5 Indicators Your Maintenance Processes Need Improvement
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports