Arthritis Diet Plan To Help Reduce Pain
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published July 18, 2017
- Word count 613
Arthritis is a debilitating chronic disease in which the lining of the joints are affected by inflammation to such an extent that inability to function and pain are the result. In the chronic inflammatory process, the cells of the immune system play an important role and that makes arthritis to be typically classified as an autoimmune disease. Arthritis disease begins in cycles and symptoms come and go. Over time the symptoms become constant and the joints may become deformed and unable to move. Chronic arthritis causes not only a great deal of pain, but also causes significant disability as it usually interferes with normal living.
Dietary changes may prevent developing of the disease but they cannot unfortunately completely heal arthritis once it started to a chronic stage. However, the good news is that a proper arthritis diet plan can help reduce the pain and prevent disability associated with this disease.
A healthy arthritis diet plan can also greatly reduce the symptoms of arthritis. We will discuss here the foods to avoid and the best anti-inflammatory foods to include in an arthritis diet plan. This is basically an anti-inflammatory diet that excludes those foods that may increase inflammation and includes plenty of foods that can reduce it.
Foods to Avoid
Being overweight puts extra stress on the joints and increases wear and tear. Another risk of being overweight is that body fat is metabolically active and it is producing hormones and chemicals that increase levels of inflammation. Therefore, the first aim of following an arthritis diet plan is losing weight by avoiding excess calories. The secondary aim of your diet plan is to avoid specific food groups that may increase the inflammation process in your body. This group of foods include:
Saturated Fats: Including fats from animal products, such as poultry skin, fatty beef or pork, and full fat dairy foods as well as vegetal saturated fats from palm oil that is used in any number of products including bars, cookies, crackers, nondairy creamers, and other baked goods.
Trans Fats: This are artificial fats created in order to prolong the shelf life of the baked goods.
Simple and refined carbs: They are found in white flour baked goods, in sugary foods, bread, white rice, crackers, and other processed food products.
Fried and processed foods
Advanced glycation end products: This are toxins that appear when foods are pasteurized, fried, grilled, or heated. The body tries to break these toxins by using cytokines that are inflammatory messengers.
Salt and preservatives: They are used in order to increase the shelf lives of products but excess consumption may lead to joint inflammation.
Foods to Add
A good arthritis diet plan should include food course that help to reduce inflammation:
Omega-3 Fatty Acids: They can drastically reduce symptoms of arthritis. Among the best foods for omega-3 fatty acids are Pacific oysters, mackerel, salmon, herring, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, trout, chia seeds, ground flax-seeds, seaweed, walnuts, and soybeans.
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: It contains healthy monounsaturated fats and a natural compound called oleocanthal which role in preventing inflammation.
Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Bioflavonoids, carotenes: They can protect the body from damaging free radicals and should be included in an arthritis diet plan.
Vitamin D: It can reduce the risk of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The foods rich in vitamin D include mackerel, wild salmon, herring, sardines, milk, egg yolks, soy milk, and UV-treated mushrooms.
Spices: Turmeric and Ginger: They have proved anti-inflammatory effects.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. Get more information from the free copy of my e-book to make better choices!
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Disability Discrimination
- Disability and Depression
- Integrating AI in Physics Education: Exploring the Principles of Radio Telephony, Radio, and TV Broadcasting
- The Benefits of Professional Cleaning Services in Middlesbrough
- The Advantages of Professional Cleaning Services in Thurso, Scotland
- Exploring the Advantages of Professional Cleaning Services in Liverpool
- Childhood Anxiety: Navigating Challenges with KinderCure's Expert Guidance
- Revolutionizing Design: The Impact Of CAD In Modern Manufacturing
- How CNC Turning Has Revolutionized Modern Manufacturing
- The Advantages of Enlisting Home Help Services
- The effect of Financial Accounting on Managerial Decision-Making in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME's)
- Social Isolation in Disabled People
- What Autistic People Want You to Know About Autism
- Advances in Alzheimer's: Gamma Light Therapy, Bacteria, and Inflammation
- How do you know whether your child or you have APD?
- Mild Cognitive Impairment--A Precursor to Dementia?
- Ableism in the USA
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Doesn't Just Affect Combat Soldiers
- The Three Most Common Disabilities
- An Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- The Shift from Classical Thinking to Quantum Thinking
- Why Do Autistic People Wear Headphones?
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Battle of the Germs: Often-Missed High-Touch Areas in Your Home
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Combating Childhood Obesity in India: Strategies and Success Stories from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Why pick screen fabrics for blinds?