Health Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin
- Author Syed Tutul
- Published September 7, 2017
- Word count 848
Amongst the several nutritional supplements in existence in the world today, Turmeric is one of the most effective. A lot of studies have shown that it has a lot of benefits for the brain and body and the major constituent of Turmeric is curcumin which possesses powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. There is no way you will discuss Turmeric without mentioning Curcumin, so, in this article, we will be discussing the health benefits of Turmeric Curcumin.
- Acts as a natural anti-inflammatory compound
Due to the curcumin contained in the Turmeric Curcumin compound, it is able to fight against chronic inflammation. As much as inflammation helps the fight against foreign elements in the body and in the repair of body damages, too much inflammation is bad for the health. Chronic inflammation plays an important role in the occurrence of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease, metabolic syndrome and even cancer. Curcumin works strongly against chronic inflammation and it is even a more preferred choice to some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
Aging amongst other diseases of the body have been attributed to oxidative damage and one important supplement that could be beneficial to the body is Turmeric Curcumin as it is a very strong antioxidant. There are free radicals that act against important organic substances in the body such as DNA or proteins and the only way the body shuts down the actions of free radicals is through antioxidants. With curcumin, the body’s antioxidant capacity is increased so the free radicals can be neutralized.
- Improves brain function
Curcumin has been said to have the capability of increasing brain function as well as reducing the risks of brain diseases. There is a growth hormone in the brain which is known as Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor which if its level is reduced causes some common brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease or depression. This hormone can, however, be increased by using curcumin. With curcumin, brain diseases can be reduced or even completely reversed and turmeric curcumin can also possibly help improve memory and overall brain functions.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
A large percentage of human beings have died as a result of one heart disease or the other and with so many studies and research into the causes of heart diseases, it was discovered in the course of these researches that curcumin can to a large extent help curtail the process of a heart disease occurring.
Heart disease is majorly caused when the endothelium (the lining of the blood vessels) malfunctions. The endothelium helps regulate blood pressure and curcumin helps a lot in improving the function of the endothelium thereby preventing any kind of heart disease or malfunction. Other than this, curcumin helps reduce inflammation and oxidation which also are important things that need to be taken care of in order to prevent heart diseases.
- Prevention or treatment of cancer
Cancer occurs when there is an uncontrolled growth of cells. Taking turmeric curcumin can help in the reduction of angiogenesis, which is the growth of new blood vessels in tumors as well as the spread of cancer through the body (metastasis) due to the curcumin contained in the compound. Also, killing off of cancerous cells can be more effectively done with the action of curcumin in the body.
It has been proven that curcumin helps prevent cancer especially cancers of the digestive system and whether it would be a sure way of treating cancer remains to be seen but it looks incredibly promising.
- Prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
One of the most common neurodegenerative disease in the world is Alzheimer’s disease and it is the major cause of dementia and sadly, no cure has been found yet for this disease. So it is only wise for the disease to be prevented by all means in the first place. The good news is curcumin looks highly promising in this regard as its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties would definitely not give Alzheimer’s disease a breeding place to thrive.
However, Alzheimer’s disease is mainly caused by a buildup of Amyloid plaques and fortunately, curcumin can easily act on these and clear them off.
- Treatment of depression
In some studies, involving depressed patients, curcumin worked just as fine as other anti-depressants which show that it is a good anti-depressant. Since BNDF levels are also boosted by curcumin, depression can be treated by using compounds containing curcumin such as Turmeric curcumin. Even the brain neurotransmitters, Serotonin, and dopamine are boosted by curcumin so basically, it can be used as an anti-depressant.
- Delay of aging and treatment of age-related diseases
Curcumin has the ability to prevent diseases like cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, so it is a no brainer that it would go a long way in making sure a person lives long. Curcumin is popular in many quarters as an anti-aging supplement. Of course, inflammation and oxidation have their own roles in aging which curcumin acts against anyway. So definitely, using curcumin does not make an individual’s age tell him or her.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum