Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Author Shelly Livengood
- Published September 12, 2017
- Word count 548
Bed linen is that essential part of the bed nobody sees until it's time to crawl under the covers and go to sleep at night and it includes sheets and pillow cases and anything else that goes under the covers. It's basically a covering over the pillows and mattress in order to protect them and keep them clean. They are typically washable, so when it's time to launder them, it's simple and easy.
What is foremost important to you as you shop for bed linen? If you want something that coordinates with your bedroom, you can easily find a large variety of every imaginable color, solid colors as well as prints. If you're main interest is the material you will find polyester, bamboo, linen, cotton, silk and Egyptian cotton. Different weaves like a stripe or plaid bring still more variety and there are some that have a special enhanced weave that results in a more durable fabric.
Egyptian cotton originally was harvested in Egypt but is now grown other places as well. Egyptian cotton uses longer threads and that's what sets it apart from other cotton fabrics. Longer threads results in higher quality and stronger durability.
When you're shopping for bed linen, you will notice there are different thread counts. The thread count is the number of threads woven both lengthwise and width wise in a one inch square. Thread counts generally range from 200 to 1800. You may think that the higher the thread count, the better the product. Maybe yes, maybe no.
There is something more to keep in mind. A thinner and finer yarn size will give you a higher thread count. This results in a softer, more comfortable product and a tighter weave but may not necessarily be as durable. Yet another factor to consider is how many threads are twisted together to make a single strand of thread. Two ply translates into two strands, three ply would be three. So a three ply, 300 thread count would be a thicker and likely a more durable fabric than a higher one ply count. A higher one ply count would be a thinner and softer fabric by comparison.
So the quality of your bed linen fabric depends on a couple factors--
The quality of the fiber
The length of the yarn
The thread count
How it is constructed
And really this can be overwhelming if you're looking for a high quality, low cost product. You will be able to see from the manufacture's listing the fabric features to help you determine more easily what best fits your specific wants and needs. If you have children, your main concern could be a wrinkle resistant or stain resistant bed linen. This is normally a general characteristic of a polyester or microfiber fabric. If you are leaning toward longer life and a more durable product, then your Egyptian cotton with multiple ply yarn may be your best solution. Maybe you just want pretty and aren't concerned with either. There you have a multitude of choices. You are the one who decides what characteristic best fits your needs. I hope this sheds a little light on your shopping experience. It at least gives you a little insight to help you intelligently understand the fabric differences. So enjoy shopping!
Shelly Livengood is interested in all types of bedding including comforters, pillows, quilts, duvets, bedding sets, blankets, throws and linen as well as their variety of colors, styles and materials. She loves the elegant as well as the casual and unique. She is also interested in what enhances pleasant and restful sleep experiences. She currently runs a website selling high quality and affordable bedding. Visit their site at http://www.bedsweetbuys.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is the Significance of Christian and Catholic Jewelry Cross Variants?
- What is the Significance of Personalized Initial Jewelry in 2021?
- 3 amazing tips you should know to protect summer jewelry
- How to choose the right gift for the right person
- Will sustainable gift hampers be the big food and drink hits this Lockdown Christmas?
- What is sustainable fashion?
- Your Guide on the Best Vape Pens and Pods
- Custom Window films And privacy Stained Window Films
- Phone Cover Guide - Comparing The Most Popular Types Of Phone Cases
- Does online shopping really make itself different?
- 6 Tips For When You Buy Coffee Beans
- What Size of Waist Trainer to Choose?
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here