Protecting the Skin You're In
- Author Sumit Gadre
- Published September 24, 2017
- Word count 446
Summer is approaching and thousands of people will be working on their tans before they whip out their shorts and swimsuits. However, improper skin care can cause permanent damage from the suns rays. Regardless of your skin type, it is very important to protect your skin. Here are some key tips to keep in mind this summer.
Choose an appropriate sunscreen. If you’ve been to the store lately, you’ve probably seen a complete aisle full of sun block products. It’s often hard to know which one to buy. Look for one that protects against UVA and UVB rays. (UVB rays are actually more harmful for sun burning the UVA rays). It’s crucial that your sun screen protects against both of these sun rays. Don’t waste your time with half the protection.
What about the SPF?
The SPF number simply tells people how much longer they can last out in the sun without being burned. The higher the SPF number, the longer your skin is protected against the sun.
For example, lets say you put on a sunscreen with SPF 20. This would protect your skin up to 20 times longer than your average amount of protection time. To find out how long your sunscreen will protect your skin (multiply how long it normally takes you to burn * SPF of your sunscreen) So, if you normally burn after 30 minutes in the sun and you have sunscreen with an SPF 15, your skin would be protected for 450 minutes ( or 7.5 hours)
It’s also important to consider skin types when choosing the proper sunscreen.
For young children (6 months and up) : Choose a sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher to protect against both sun tanning and burning. Look for a product that offers UVA and UVB protection. This is known as the "broad-spectrum".
For Very Fair Skin: This type of skin burns quickly. Look for a sunscreen containing SPF 20 to 30.
For Fair Skin: This type of skin burns fairly easily but some tanning occurs. Look for sunscreen products containing SPF 8 to 12.
For Medium Skin: This type of skin yields a moderate brown shade when exposed to the sun. Look for sunscreen products containing SPF 4 to 8.
For Dark Skin: This type of skin rarely burns. Look for sunscreen products containing SPF 2 to 4.
After choosing an appropriate sunscreen, apply it before going out into the sun. Be sure and apply it generously over all skin that will be exposed.
Taking good care of your skin now will give you great-looking skin well into the future.
P.S. Your skin is your number one defense mechanism against the environmental elements. Exercise, rest, and good nutrition are the foundation for beautiful, healthy skin.
For Blood Testing Dubai,as well as laser hair removal dubai visit -DNA Health Wellness clinic dubai ,
Medical clinic dubai we are committed to providing a service of the highest standards. Call us at: +971 4 557 1006Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID ?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema