What Is the Purpose of Teeth Whitening?
- Author Chelsey Bullock
- Published September 1, 2017
- Word count 444
Today, there are millions of people who suffer from discoloration of their teeth. No matter if you floss, brush, and visit the dentist regularly your teeth still may suffer from discoloration because of other factors. Those other factors are environmental, food, drink, and normal aging. Luckily, there are many solutions that your dentist can offer to help restore your teeth to their natural color.
In-office teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure in the world. It is safer and more efficient than take-home systems. The in-office whitening will be monitored carefully by your dentist for the safety of your teeth.
There are many advantages for in-office teeth whitening.
-Teeth protection: During your whitening, your dentist will protect your teeth with a protective gel or a rubber dam preventing damage and problems with sensitivity.
-Safest: Because your dentist is near, it is the safest form of bleaching. He may even suggest alternating fluoride gel and bleaching gel to reduce other sensitivity and pain risks.
-Fast Results: Many patients notice a positive change in the color of their teeth within hours after.
-Price: In-office whitening has a larger price tag than the take-home whitening systems.
-Results: The results may be unpredictable, because of age, environmental factors, etc.
-On-going: In-office whitening is not a one-time thing. You will need to continue whitening to keep the stains from coming back. Some dentist may even suggest a take-home whitening system to follow-up and maintain the teeth.
If you are more interested in a take-home whitening system, your dentist will offer a system that is best for your teeth. There are many take-home systems out there, but only your dentist will know the best ones.
-Cheaper: As mentioned above, in-office whitening is more expensive than take-home. Take-home systems can range in price. Consult with your dentist for a take-home system that he recommends or provides.
-Time: It may be hard to get to the dentist to get your whitening done on schedule. With a take-home system, you will be able to whiten your teeth around your schedule.
-Takes longer: The main disadvantage of a take-home system is the process. Unlike in-office, it takes a lot longer to see results.
-Lack of protection: Take-home whitening systems may cause gum and mouth pain or sensitivity if not monitored properly. It's up to you to make sure you are using the whitening for the recommended amount of time and for how often.
Both in-office and take-home whitening systems will increase the whiteness of your teeth. Contact a local dentist that specializes in both to help better determine what option is right for you.
There are no posted comments.
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman