5 Foods That Cause Joint Pain
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published October 23, 2017
- Word count 546
As a culture, humans are conditioned to accept joint pains as the natural signs of aging. Many people accept this and over time when the pain intensifies, they look out for OTC drugs and painkillers like ibuprofen to help with pain. We all know how dangerous these drugs can be when taken in the long run. These not only make you addicted, but also harm your body in many different ways.
However, not many people realize that joint pains and foods are interrelated. The food that you eat on daily basis can trigger the condition, or suppress it. Basically, your food choices determine whether you will be suffering with joint pains throughout your life, or prevent them even before they start. In this article, we'll explore some foods that cause joint pain.
If you are at a risk of joint related problems like gout, arthritis and others, it is advisable to avoid organ meats, such as kidneys, hearts, livers, testicles and brains. These meat portions are extremely high in purines that can lead to high uric acid levels in the body. Other non-traditional meats such as tongue, mincemeat, bouillons and broths also contain high compounds of purines. Game meats such as goose, partridge, duck, pheasant and turkey, are also considered as foods that cause joint pain and must be avoided.
Several species of shellfish and fish have high levels of purines that can lead to or even exacerbate gout joint pain. These species include mackerel, herring, anchovies, scallops, mussels and sardines. In fact, the eggs of these species should also be avoided for the same reason.
Vegetables and Legumes
Animal products are not the only foods that cause joint pains. There are some healthy vegetables as well that contain high levels of purines. These include spinach, peas, asparagus, beans, cauliflower, and mushrooms. Those who have gout must avoid these foods as much as possible. However, these vegetables are good sources of vitamins and minerals and under expert guidance; it should be fine to eat them in moderation if you are not suffering from any kind of joint related problems.
Grain and Grain Products
Several grains and their byproducts contain high to moderate levels of purines. In fact, beer, hard liquor and wine are high in purines. Yeast is used in brewing alcohol and baking. It is also high in purines and should be avoided by people already suffering from gout pains. Whole grain cereals, breads, oatmeal, wheat germ and wheat bran should only be consumed after a thorough consultation with your immediate doctor.
Dairy products also fall under foods that cause joint pain because of the type of proteins that they contain. According to medical experts, these proteins may irritate the tissue around joints in some people. Some patients of arthritis pain have successfully switched to vegan diet that contains no foods that cause joint pain and considered good for people with gout and joint problems.
What You Can Do
Instead of getting protein from foods that cause joint pain, get the bulk from other sources like tofu, peanut butters, quinoa, and lentils.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. Get more information from the free copy of my e-book to make better choices!
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Carpet Cleaner in Plymouth
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Plymouth
- Disability Discrimination
- Disability and Depression
- Integrating AI in Physics Education: Exploring the Principles of Radio Telephony, Radio, and TV Broadcasting
- The Benefits of Professional Cleaning Services in Middlesbrough
- The Advantages of Professional Cleaning Services in Thurso, Scotland
- Exploring the Advantages of Professional Cleaning Services in Liverpool
- Childhood Anxiety: Navigating Challenges with KinderCure's Expert Guidance
- Revolutionizing Design: The Impact Of CAD In Modern Manufacturing
- How CNC Turning Has Revolutionized Modern Manufacturing
- The Advantages of Enlisting Home Help Services
- The effect of Financial Accounting on Managerial Decision-Making in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME's)
- Social Isolation in Disabled People
- What Autistic People Want You to Know About Autism
- Advances in Alzheimer's: Gamma Light Therapy, Bacteria, and Inflammation
- How do you know whether your child or you have APD?
- Mild Cognitive Impairment--A Precursor to Dementia?
- Ableism in the USA
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Doesn't Just Affect Combat Soldiers
- The Three Most Common Disabilities
- An Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- The Shift from Classical Thinking to Quantum Thinking
- Why Do Autistic People Wear Headphones?
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Battle of the Germs: Often-Missed High-Touch Areas in Your Home
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon