- Author Shelly Livengood
- Published February 8, 2018
- Word count 509
Alpaca fleece was in times past reserved for the royal and wealthy class. Today it is highly sought after for its many superior qualities over other fibers like wool and synthetics. It is hypoallergenic, lightweight – very light, stronger, warmer – very warm, softer and more durable than even merino wool and cashmere. It is so luxuriously soft and silky that it is sometimes compared with cashmere. It's luster is like silk, exuding beauty that adds to its coveted qualities. It is also known for water repellant and stretch characteristics (without distortion) as well as being wrinkle resistant and resistant to odors. Alpaca is so durable that with proper care it can last eloquently for generations. Garments dating back more than 2000 years in Peru have been found to be still in good condition.
Alpacas are some of the most eco-friendly animals there are. Compared with other grazing animals, their acreage and water requirements are lower. They adapt well to living in harsh environments. Instead of hooves their feet are soft pads so they leave the terrain undamaged. Since alpaca fleece is lanolin and oil free, there is no need for harsh chemicals to be used in processing the fibers. For high quality products made from natural renewable sources, alpaca has proven to be for thousands of years a perfect choice in fibers. It is 100% natural and environmentally safe.
Alpaca fleece is the natural fiber shorn every twelve to eighteen months from alpacas. Although this process itself is not normally enjoyable for them, it is harmless to them and they are visibly more comfortable after they are shorn.
Colors of the natural alpaca fleece range in shades from black to white, silver to rose grey to champagne and light fawn to mahogany. Alpacas are bred specifically for color but for those desired colors beyond the natural shades, the fleece can readily be dyed to any color you choose.
To compare alpaca with sheep's wool –
Alpaca is approximately 3 times warmer than wool
Soft and smooth, not prickly
Lightweight, 1/3 the weight of sheep's wool
Hypoallergenic. It contains no lanolin as does sheep's wool. Lanolin is the factor that causes allergic reactions for those who are sensitive to wool, resulting in irritation or itching.
To compare alpaca with synthetic fabrics –
Alpaca is breathable, superior to synthetics
Stays warm, even when wet
Won't pill or mat
Minimal static electricity
Resistant to acquired odors
10.Doesn't hold debris
12.Natural fiber and biodegradable
Alpaca fleece is naturally more stain resistant than other fibers. Because of its water resistant factor, if there is a spill, it can simply be blotted off with a clean cloth. Also static electricity attracts dirt. So because alpaca fleece naturally reduces static electricity, soil and dirt are not attracted to it. And while odors do not stain, they can be undesirable. The fleece reduces odors as well.
With all the benefits of alpaca, it is no wonder that it is becoming a premium fiber highly sought after for clothing as well as blankets and throws.
Shelly Livengood is interested in all types of bedding including comforters, pillows, quilts, duvets, bedding sets, blankets, throws and linen as well as their variety of colors, styles and materials. She loves the elegant as well as the casual and unique. She is also interested in what enhances pleasant and restful sleep experiences. She currently is a publications manager for a website selling high quality and affordable bedding. Visit their site at http://www.bedsweetbuys.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing