4 Steps to Build an Emotionally Intelligent Team
- Author Eva Wislow
- Published February 26, 2018
- Word count 423
The success of a business depends on many possible aspects. In most cases, it’s the leader who can make the biggest difference in a company. This statement is true only if the person in charge manages to make the right decisions and take the right actions. Whether you’re leading a small business or a large brand, it’s almost certain that one of the most challenging tasks you consistently face is the management of your team.
Intelligent work happens when your team members are aligned with your company’s purpose and concise goals. Moreover, the performance of a professional team is directly proportional to the level of knowledge, skills, and passion that each person from the team possesses.
Emotional intelligence is one of the essential traits of the most successful teams. When the members of a group work hard and smart together, working "all as one", in harmony and joy, great results will show up.
Building an emotionally intelligent team is quite a complex process and it does not depend entirely on you. Your team members must also be willing to improve their emotional intelligence.
In today’s post, we’re presenting several ways in which you can offer your team members the proper conditions in which they can develop their emotional intelligence levels. Moreover, we’ll discuss ways in which you can create a sense of trust and a sense of group identity.
Work on yourself first
Before you even attempt to improve your team’s emotional intelligence, you must assess and reassess your current condition. You should ideally have the following qualities and traits before you start working on others:
Strong communication skills – For people to understand your thoughts, assignments, and expectations, you must clearly express what you’re meaning to say. This will help provide effective team communication.
Great emotions management – You can’t put somebody down – or even worse – fire someone because they made you angry at one point. You need to be able to keep your cool all the time.
High self-awareness – Being able to recognize your feelings, qualities, and weaknesses will make you a complex leader who will be able to achieve great things.
High empathy – It’s a great thing when someone understands your problems entirely. Be that type of leader and your team members will love and respect you.
Just remember that your team cannot become emotionally intelligent as long as its leader does not possess such qualities. Always work on yourself before pretending anything from anyone. That’s what great leaders do!
There are no posted comments.
- Strategic planning pillars
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.
- How To Make A Video Rental Outlet Worthwhile
- Succession Planning
- Carrying Out a Fire Risk Assessment Can Be Very Complicated
- The Importance Of Using Soft Skills In Business
- Unlocking Potential Working with the Best Leadership Training Providers in the UK
- 5 Reasons Why Small Repair Shops Are Using Software
- Choosing A Landlord Software
- Reasons Why Every Company Should Have Corporate Uniforms
- Group Meetings-How Your Employees Will Benefit
- Social media management and can spot trends, as well as new ways to help your business
- Employee Rewards Software Best Practices
- UV safety products around the world