Successful Selling Long Term
- Author Pat Mcmurray
- Published April 30, 2018
- Word count 616
As a sales professional of many years in fashion retail and other industries I’ve heard all the sales techniques and winning scripts. I’ve processed and analysed all of the information handed down and discarded 99% of it. All too often customers are referred to as hanging fruit, conversion rate, foot traffic and closing a sale and so on
If you think of customers as foot traffic, conversion rate, low hanging fruit, statistics and gauge their behaviour in numbers, then you are most likely an accountant or manager and chances are you operate in isolation of the coal face. You’ll crunch numbers (foot traffic) you’ll most likely conduct a weekly sales meeting and deliver some kind of motivational speech of how to close a sale. What does closing a sale mean? are you closing a door? And once the sale is completed, the money is in the till, and bingo you’ve already forgotten the face and name of the person you just sold a product to? When that customer comes back you will then pretend to remember him, is that being sincere? you quickly move onto the next piece of low hanging fruit and close that sale quickly because you’re on commission and competing with your other sales colleagues, or are you competing with your customers. You’ll do just about anything to get a customer to buy.
It’s all geared toward short term gain, or as one sales-guru on the networking circuit quoted" low hanging fruit". A consistently successful sales professional will look above and beyond for the fruits of his labour and he will push the boundaries of service every time, he won’t think of a customer in terms of low hanging fruit, closing a sale, conversion rates or foot traffic. He’ll seek to establish a relationship, engaging on a foundation of mutual trust. This is a fundamental human need in any relationship, trust is based on sincerity. We subconsciously seek sincerity and character in others and if these qualities are not detected the foundation is undermined making it almost impossible to develop a long term customer relationship.
You can gather all the techniques and scripts ever written on paper for what they are worth and use them to fuel your BBQ. Every year a new wiz bang sales technique appears then it disappears and is forgotten just as soon as another appears, they’re all geared toward short term gain. Why not read Stephen Covey, or Dale Carnegie, these two authors are a must for every library. Their focus on principle based business and building long term relationships. Any sales professional will realise the value of customer retention
And the best sales technique ever "no sales technique" no hoodwinking no smoke screens, or rehearsed scripts, techniques, just complete transparency. With sincerity at heart you will connect with fellow human beings on a fundamental level, all barriers are broken down and a relationship is formed. Don’t think of closing a sale, think of opening a relationship, the customer you spend an hour with may not even buy from you. But statistically there is a 90% chance he or she will return one day and buy. Satisfying the buying needs of a customer can be a very rewarding experience if done sincerely.
To conclude I’d suggest you read "The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey and "How to Win Friends and Influence People". There are no techniques mentioned anywhere in these two books, the prime focus throughout is building relationships. Keep these books at your side in your bag or on your desk so you can always refer to them as a constant guide
Bag Samurai specialises Men’s Bags For All Occasions including gym bags and shoulder bags in a variety of designs and materials such as leather, canvas and nylon.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System
- Killing Germs with Powerful, yet Safe Chlorine Dioxide
- DizB Reviews - Does DizB Get TikTok Followers?
- Top 6 Reasons to Use Professional Translation Services
- Point Of Sale System