Things You Need to Know Before Learning Violin
- Author Jared Gwin
- Published May 31, 2018
- Word count 563
I have been longing to learn violin from my teenage years but didn’t have any clear idea about where and how to start. And there was no one to guide me about the basics of a violin. But when I grew old, I pursued my long cherished dream of learning how to play a violin. While I started my lesson, I couldn’t help but wished that I had known a few things beforehand.
I have listed a few important things that you should know before you hit your first violin class.
The Violin Itself
Usually a violin comes with few accessories like bow, rosin, shoulder pad and a case. After buying your violin and before starting your lessons, read the instruction manual carefully and know the exact role of each and every extra accessory. It’s very important as each of these components has a very different role to play in your violin lessons and knowing them beforehand would really help you to concentrate in the actual lessons properly.
It’s not necessary that you have to know how to read music sheets or compose your own pieces of tunes. What I mean is that you should develop love for classical music, especially those pieces that spotlight the tune of the violin. It’s a vital aspect because without the understanding of music, it would be really difficult for you to understand the violin. This advice is mainly for grownup people who look forward in learning this musical instrument.
Having said that, if you want to teach your precious little child how to play violin, it’s advisable that you introduce them to the realm of classical music very early in life. Doing this will improve their understanding of music.
The Violin Won’t Sound Like Violin for a Long Time
Don’t expect your violin to sound like a violin in movie soundtracks when you first start out taking lessons. Your over expectations may break your heart. As an amateur, your bow placement, rosin movement can be the most unnatural at first and hence the sound. And you have to be patient. With time and plenty of regular practices, you will get comfortable with your violin and who knows, you might start playing like a professional.
Violin Needs Special Care Too
Even if you buy the cheapest violin available in this side of the hemisphere, it still requires special care and extensive maintenance to work properly and produce that heavenly sound you are longing to play. Although, at the beginning such maintenance might feel as a burden, but over time it will surely become your habit to take care of your beloved musical instrument.
Violin Lessons May Take a Toll on Your Hearing Abilities
We all know how a violin is held closer to the ears. The F holes, where the sound is produced are merely a few inches from the ear. And exposing your delicate ears to high sound regularly is surely going to cause hearing problems as well as severe headaches and other health problem associated with it. It is often observed that violinist lose their hearing ability of one ear after long years of playing. That’s because the sound is simply too close to the ear. So, my advice would be to think several times before taking your final decision about learning to play violin.
There are no posted comments.
- BEGINNER 5 STRING BANJO - Learn Banjo From Scratch! Banjo
- Why Music Theory Helps Creativity
- Artist Spotlight with Soprano Irina Petrik
- Where to Buy Kimi No Na Wa: Your Name Manga & Books
- 10 Healthy Benefits of Playing Musical Instruments
- Switching between musical instruments which you don’t know before
- How to keep party going with fresh beats
- How to get your book signed
- 'Bringing Rhythm and blues back home'
- My First Fiction Novel
- Darrell Kelley's Songs for the Soul
- Tips That Help You for Playing Ukulele
- 7 Undeniable Reasons Why You Should Play Ukulele
- 5 Banjo Tips for Beginners That You Must Know
- Start Learning Piano with These 5 Yamaha Digital Piano
- What has happened to Music
- Top 5 Concert Ukulele Everyone Should Know
- Benefits Of An Internet Piano Course
- How To Play The Piano Basics
- Piano or keyboard: What’s the difference?
- A List Of 10 Inspiring Books Every Student Must Read!
- Benefits of Taking up Keyboard Lessons for Children
- Why Music Education Matters
- Did Bob Dylan really introduce The Beatles to weed?
- How did Nick Drake really die?
- Harnessing The Fire From Within: Using The Past To Fuel The Fire
- Book Review: The Brain That Changes Itself
- Education world connecting educators
- Education world connecting educators