Items Around The House To Sell Online
- Author Michael Schiemer
- Published July 17, 2018
- Word count 836
We all face too much clutter in our homes. As time goes on we accumulate more things, but we’re hesitant to part with any of the old stuff. Before you know it there are boxes of junk stacked up in your basement, garage, and/or attic and you have no idea what to do with it all.
While one option would be to simply throw it all away, this isn’t your best option. Wouldn’t it be better if you could get a little cash for some of it, and learn about eCommerce and online sales in the process? Then you’d have some extra money to take a trip or even fund your business. With that in mind, here are 6 things you can likely find in your home that you should sell.
As we grow older, or our tastes change, or we start to live in a different climate, the clothing we want to wear changes too. This means that you likely have some old clothing stored somewhere in the back of your closet, or at the bottom of a drawer. If any of these clothing items are still in good shape you can likely get some money for them. This will work better on more expensive items – such as suits, dresses, etc. – rather than things like your old t-shirts or that ripped pair of jeans. Gather together everything you no longer wear, then either start listing them online for sale or consider hosting a garage sale.
Another thing we all seem to have a lot of is old electronics. As the times change, so too do the electronics we use. Something that was cutting edge a few years ago is now out of date. However, this doesn’t make it worthless. You can often find buyers for your old electronics, especially if they are still working. Things like old televisions, video game systems, computers, cameras, and multimedia devices can all be sold, sometimes even if they don’t work any longer. Find some things you no longer need, then do a search online for a similar item. This will give you a rough idea as to whether or not you can sell it, and for how much.
Your Extra Car
Do you have an old car just taking up space in your driveway? Why not try to get some money for it? Some people hold onto their old cars, thinking that one day they’ll fix them up, or not wanting to deal with the hassle of trying to sell a junk car. If this sounds like you, it’s time to just get it done with already. Even if your car is in bad shape, you can easily look up "junk my car for cash" online and find some places nearby to sell it. In the end you’ll have cash in hand, and that old, beaten down car out of your driveway.
Sometimes when we upgrade to new furniture, we don’t know what to do with the old pieces. We say that we’ll sell it one day, or find another use for it, but we never do. So now it’s just sitting in your garage gathering dust. If so, now is the time to sell it. Take it out, dust it off, and take some pictures of it. Then post these pictures online along with your asking price. People are always in need of solid furniture at a discount, and you might as well get some money for it rather than having it just sit in your home taking up space.
Books are another item that we tend to collect a lot, until we ultimately run out of room. If your bookshelf is full, and you need to clear some space, consider selling your books. There are places online where you can sell your used books, or you can contact local book stores to see if they are interested. If you find that you’re not getting much for your books, your best bet may be to just donate them, and you’ll at least have your space back.
Finally, for those of you with kids, you might want to consider selling their old toys. As kids grow older they grow out of the toys they once loved, but this doesn’t mean someone else won’t want them. Go through all of your kid’s toys, and see which ones they no longer want, and which ones are still in good shape. You’d be surprised at how many people in your area are willing to buy toys at a discount, provided they are clean and in good shape.
You'll learn a great deal about ecommerce, shipping, and customer service by selling your items online on Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Etsy, and Craigslist. Use the proceeds to invest in your business, pay off any outstanding debts you have, put it towards your 401K / IRA, or into your mortgage.
Mike Schiemer is a digital marketing manager, frugal entrepreneur, and author of The $10 Digital Media Startup https://www.myfrugalbusiness.com/2016/12/10-dollar-digital-media-startup-prologue.html . He is the owner of Bootstrap Business https://www.myfrugalbusiness.com and Frugal Fitness.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exceptional best removal services in Robina
- Reasons to Try Live Stream Demo for Your Next Office Equipment Purchase
- Marijan Koturic, Your Real Estate Agent In Mississagua
- Best Clipping Path Service Provider | PixiGraphics
- THE #1 SHINGLE ROOF INSTALLER
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel