Ways to Improve Employee Motivation for Small Businesses Without Spending Money
- Author Sayara Sapkota
- Published August 15, 2018
- Word count 355
Importance of Employee Motivation
Do you know what inspires your employees? As an employer, it is a part of your job to be aware. Employee motivation not only involves providing a pay cheque, it is about constructing the right workplace culture and providing a positive experience. Your employees should not be there to check in, check out, and then go home. They should be dedicated towards the success of your business.
Main Reasons to Motivate Your Employees
There are numerous advantages to motivating your employees. When you take the time to create a bright workplace culture and employee experience, you will find:
• Increased Productivity;
• Better Performance; and
• Higher Retention.
Employee Motivation is not only About the Incentives and Perks
When business owners think about what motivates their employees to do what is expected, there are a couple of points that often come up. The first, being that it’s about increasing their pay and second, as providing more employee perks. While both are highly motivating factors, there are additional strategies for enhancements without spending more than you’ve budgeted.
20 Ways to Motivate Employees for Small Business Without Budget
Driving staff motivation doesn’t mean that you have to increase your spend, especially when you own a small business and don’t have the funds for it. While incentives and work benefits are effective strategies to motivate an employee, here are 20 ways that will not cost you additional dollars.
Communicate openly and be transparent
Introduce an open door policy
Fulfill your promises
Construct a cooperative community-like culture
Get to know your staff as people
Understand your employees’ ambitions
Provide guidance or coaching
Let your staff take the lead and/or give them autonomy
Include staff in decision-making conversations
Consult your employees for their ideas
Encourage learning opportunities often
Define individual targets and provide support to achieve them
Extend specific and sincere praise (sometimes a simple ‘thank you’ means a lot)
Have recognition or kudos wall in a public area
Focus on positivity, rather than criticisms
Reduce workplace negativity
Provide work-life balance
Agree to flexible work hours
Ask for feedback and suggestions to make improvements
Employee motivation is much more than perks and benefits. Employee management doesn’t have to be difficult, expensive, or complicated, you just need to invest the time.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.
- How To Make A Video Rental Outlet Worthwhile
- Succession Planning
- Carrying Out a Fire Risk Assessment Can Be Very Complicated
- The Importance Of Using Soft Skills In Business
- Unlocking Potential Working with the Best Leadership Training Providers in the UK
- 5 Reasons Why Small Repair Shops Are Using Software
- Choosing A Landlord Software