4 Simple Steps to Improving Newsletter Click-Through Rates
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published August 25, 2018
- Word count 593
How to Engage Your Target Audience for More Clicks
Newsletter marketing can be extremely effective and really grow your business, but it has to be done right.
Bloated copy or an incoherent message are easy ways to torpedo your own potential to have users click through from the email.
While Click-Through Rates (CTR) vary by industry, you can improve your chances of being at the top of your niche by following rules that have shown that, regardless of industry, they’ll prompt users to click more.
If you haven’t reviewed your stats on your newsletters, it’s a good time to do so. We reviewed various email marketing tools before, and if you use any of those, you have the numbers on your newsletters easily available to you.
If you don’t have those numbers, it’s well worth looking at our post and upgrading to a better service.
Take a look at these industry-by-industry newsletter averages and compare them to your stats. Are you at par with your industry, above or below the average?
If you’re above, you likely have a pretty good newsletter already. If you aren’t seeing numbers like these then your newsletter structure likely needs to be overhauled.
So what can you do to get those numbers up?
Make sure you’ve got these all covered!
- Set a goal for every newsletter.
Whether it’s a sale or a webinar event announcement, make the point clear before you start. If you have more than one goal, create a hierarchy for your newsletter designers to adhere to.
If you do them yourself, create the guide so you don’t stray off course. By making this goal system you’ll stay on topic and deliver your message without clutter.
- Write your email with your goal in mind.
Write it out without any distractions and once done, put it away. After a few hours look at it again and refine it so it’s more streamlined.
Often when we start writing we include many elements that are actually unnecessary, and when it comes to email newsletters you want to be as clear and concise as possible.
If you’ve got a link you want users to click on, then you have to make sure that goal is stated right at the start.
- Ensure there is value in your goal.
What will users receive by clicking? If you haven’t given them a good reason to click, then they likely won’t. An announcement isn’t as valuable as directing users towards a conversion funnel, so keep your goal(s) in mind when evaluating what’s most effective.
A new sale or webinar with a way for users to buy or sign up on your website warrants a quick, clear email that explains what your newsletter is about and the value the user will get if they click.
- Make it easy to click through!
Don’t hide your Call To Action (CTA) amongst a mountain of copy. Remember: most users tend to be on mobile devices, so if your newsletter copy and CTA are too small, you’re throwing away potential leads/users.
Always remember not to overcomplicate things. Make it clean, quick, and simple, and if you have value in what you’ve emailed your subscribers about, they will naturally click through on a large, prominent CTA.
Many small business owners have difficulty with their newsletters and we’ve seen why. Before you attempt a revamp or even after you’ve drafted one, please get in touch with us.
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media, is a Web Specialist, Business & Marketing Consultant, and Social Media Adviser. If you are new to Social Media and online marketing or find it overwhelming and confusing, my monthly group coaching program, AMPLIFY! Business Academy http://amplifybusinessacademy.com/ is a perfect way for you to incrementally learn the best strategies and tactics to help you grow your business online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know