Giants' Saquon Barkley not practicing against Lions on Tuesday
- Author Andrew Zeuis
- Published September 6, 2018
- Word count 666
New York Giants’ novice running back Saquon Barkley suffered an injury on Monday. All the fans were alarmed at his condition when he was being attended but the medical staff of the team.
His left leg’s hamstring suffered a mild strain during the practice and after stretching out for a long period he left the practice in between and had his leg wrapped up all while other teammates of his practiced.
Barkley is the Giants prime selection of draft from the time when Lawrence Taylor had a left leg injury while catching a pass from his fellow rookie Kyle Lauletta. Thought Barkley gave all of us a big scare, Head coach Pat Shurmur says that the injury is mild,
Coach Shurmur said after examining Barkley that, "Saquon has a mild strain, and we’ll be smart with him as we move along here."
We hope that Big Blue will avoid any risks regarding the overall second 2018 NFL Draft Pick. Barkley sure has shown his potential during the opening game against Cleveland Browns on Thursday night. He was potent enough to gain 39 yards in his first carry.
How Barkley’s injury scared us all emphasize the importance of running back position for the New York Giants. They have been expecting Barkley to work like a horse in keeping the offense, but Shurmur, on the other hand, knows that just one player can’t take the whole team down with him.
Shurmur has been Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator last season and had the privilege to watch Giants New Head Coach lead Minnesota to be the seventh best in the league in rushing attacks when Dalvin Cook went down with an injury during the breakout start of his rookie season with Jerick McKinnon and Latavius Murray taking up all the workload on their shoulders.
Jerick McKinnon posted 991 yards in his career in a sequence play for Shurmur. This led him to land a contract for 4 years along with $30 million with the San Francisco 49ers.
I believe Giants does have a potential backup just like McKinnon on their roster who is capable of playing both as a ball-carrier as well as a receiver.
The rookie Wayne Gallman gave a promising season behind New York offensive lines. At present, he is scheduled as the third-string running back behind Jonathan Stewart on the unofficial depth chart of the team.
Although he comes as the second best after Barkley, the 11-year veteran has shown his talent in the first preseason outing faced by the team. Also, he even had earned a higher grade from Pro Football Focus during last season.
No doubt Stewart has been great leading the running backs team but what Giants need is a more experienced hand like that of Gallman to gain something at the field. What he showed against the Browns was only a little sample.
On ground Gallman did a slight play, gaining five yards on three carries but he did way better as a receiver, catching four passes for 33 yards. The Giants have had more potential players other than in the running back squad like Jalen Simmons and Robert Martin. Simmons also made the only touchdown of the game in Big Blue.
We sure hope that the Giants won’t have to suffer the lack of Barkley this forthcoming season but there is nothing that can be done to avoid injuries while playing football.
From the looks of it, Barkley is not in the danger to miss the regular season opener of the team on September 9th. But there is a lesson learned from Monday’s fright and that is the importance of the depth and more specifically the significance of Gallman in the roster.
Looking for Cheap New York Giants Tickets? Tix2games.com offers New York Giants Tickets in all ranges. Get your New York Giants Match Tickets from us and you might get New York Giants Tickets Discount Coupon. Enjoy your favorite seats and Watch Giants in action Live at the stadium.
There are no posted comments.
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment
- 4 vital factors to watch out for before buying an airsoft gun
- 7 Questions to be answered before you buy your First Airsoft Gun
- Golf: Too Analytical?
- How to Be an Imperfect Golfer
- Mental Game 4 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- 4 Best Ladder Tree Stand for 2019
- Steroids and Dietary Supplements: Are They Worth The Risk?
- Signs You Need a Break From Melbourne Racing Tips
- The Various Types Of Swim Caps
- Park City Ski Rentals
- Ski Rentals in Park City
- Top 4 Reasons to Play Daily Fantasy Sports
- How to Choose A Best Golf Rangefinder
- Interesting NBA Facts to Know Before Your Basketball Tour
- 3 Important Passing Rules: Basketball Training Melbourne Advice