Top tips for managing a Public relations crisis
- Author Kachi Grace
- Published October 6, 2018
- Word count 612
Public Relations is an area of communications that has to do with establishing a cordial relationship between an organization and its publics. The publics of an organization are too numerous:these are people who are in one way or the other affected by the decisions, actions and the general activities of an organization.
The publics of an organization includes the employees, first of all, the host community, their clients,investors, the mass media, the government (depending on the size of the organization) etc. Therefore whatever decision an organization takes, it takes the interest of these parties into account. This Public relations strategic pattern of operation is heavily deployed in the time of crisis.
Talking about crisis, a number of ideas, strategies, moves, opinions etc. begins to erupt when an organization of high reputation begin to experience it. Even the mass media at that point seeks to find a case that will make the day. Now that’s exactly when the place of a Public Relations Consultant becomes paramount.
So when can a case be called a PR crisis?
When a number of groups who have stakes in that organization are involved.
When the image of the organization is involved
When the organization must protect the interest of its stakeholders.
Tips for managing PR crisis
Find out the cause of the crisis:
Getting handy the immediate cause of the crisis is very helpful in crisis management. The fact is, before a case turns to a crisis, it must have been an undermined issue that has begged for attention over time. The inability of an organization to handle the issue as at when necessary causes the issue to escalate to a crisis.
The PR person must go into research to enquire into the cause of the crisis. He could interview the parties involved particularly the aggrieved party. This establishes a level of understanding, just like a first aide would do to an accident victim.
Are there pre-crisis management plan?
It is recommended that every organization should train its employees on crisis management. In a case of fire outbreak for instance, everyone should be trained on how to use fire extinguisher, how to turn on and off switches etc. They should also to be given orientation about how and when to give out information. In some organization, only the CEO or the Public relations consultant is permitted to speak in times of crisis. These are pre-crisis management plans an organization could make.
Information management is a peculiar aspect of crisis management. Whatever information an organization, its management or staff gives out, particularly to the media can make or mar the reputation of the organization. Even the gate-man is not an exception in this.
Get Updated information:
The one and only way of getting an updated version of information is through research. To be able to manage a PR crisis strategically, you should have studied how some other organization handled a similar case. This will help you understand what strategies they deployed and how impactful it was to the organization.
The Boss must be ready to act
In managing crisis, the Boss of the organization must be ready to implement the instructions or the guidelines of the PR consultant. Now watch this, staff members look up to the boss; they may not be too in a hurry to listen to a man who just resumed a function just because the organization is facing some challenges. Therefore, the Boss must get the ideas working by inciting his employees to work, following the instruction of the PR consultant.
In conclusion, crisis management is an iconic edge for Public Relations. To an organization, it is a two edged sword.
Click to https://codemint.net/public-administration/role-of-public-relations-in-crisis-management-a-study-of-union-bank-plc/index.htmlsee a case study of Union bank in crisis management.
Explore more researched projects on crisis management with various case studies via https://codemint.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=crisis+management&referrer=homepageArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations
- Dealing with the Unhappy Cosmetic Patient
- Importance of experiential marketing in the printing industry by 2021
- How to Follow-Up AFTER the Consult
- What is a Good Conversion Rate?
- How To Run Your Practice Like A Business
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- Flackable Kicks Off Marketing Vendor Search, Selection And Intermediary Program
- How to Improve Facebook Likes Organically?