How to use a pressure gauge?
- Author Bryan Evans
- Published October 2, 2018
- Word count 438
Most businesses will be using a pressure gauge of some variety.
It can be confusing to work out exactly how to use and set up a pressure gauge sometimes. This article will talk you through how to use a pressure gauge and the working principle of a pressure gauge.
A pressure gauge’s working principle is simple, yet highly effective. Pressure gauges are a clever tool and are imperative in most process plants. Because of this, they must be reliable and easy to use.
So, how do pressure gauges work? The gauge utilises an inner tube that is connected to a gear and shaft assembly that work together to move a pointer. When the pressure within the tube surges the tube uncoils slights. As it uncoils, the motion triggers the gear and shat system that moves the pointer on the gauge. The amount of uncoiling movement that occurs is relative to the pressure within the tube. This movement informs the pointer, which in turn provides you with a pressure reading.
Pressure gauges are critical monitoring tools that assist with running processes efficiently with very little downtime. To be utilised to their best, pressure gauges need to be properly understood.
Most processes need to monitor differential pressure in order to report on the health and efficiency of equipment. Due to this, pressure gauges are commonly installed in pairs. The differential pressure can show energy lost through other equipment like pumps or valves. This is how you monitor efficiency, avoid downtime and loss of money.
The first thing to consider before calibrating your gauge is that there is no specific standardisation method. The method employed depends on the process and application the gauge is intended for. They can be calibrated using a dead weight tester, standard pneumatic calibrator or other appropriate calibrators.
Begin by checking your method of choice has been calibrated in accordance with the manufacturer reference. Once this has been done, you can connect the pressure gauge making sure a block valve is in action to isolate the pressure source from the rest of the system and a bleeding valve for releasing pressure. Then, you set the pointer so it reads zero on the scale and apply the maximum pressure so the gauge can measure and adjust until it is able to indicate the right pressure.
Following this, use the bleed valve and isolate the pressure source so the system can be completely depressurised. Once again, check that the gauge reads zero and adjust if necessary. Once all readings are accurate, you can write these down on a calibration sheet to use as a benchmark for future reference.
I am an engineer who is trying to make people more aware of how AWESOME and interesting engineering and manufacturing can be. I will be posting interesting articles about valves and other manufacturing equipment. Web: https://www.bmengineering.co.uk/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Art of Virani
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- How to create a landing page for more conversion
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- Why Addiction To Fame And Celebrity
- VE Day: 2020
- make money online during lockdown
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- HOW TO MANAGE THE FATIGUE
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- Surrounding Areas
- Best Tungsten For Aluminum
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- How To Manage Your Anger On The Golf Course