Interesting NBA Facts to Know Before Your Basketball Tour
- Author Brett Rainbow
- Published October 11, 2018
- Word count 517
NBA basketball tours are a great way to learn even more about the game. Seeing the pros in action can help you to see the fundamentals put into reality. However, before you go on your basketball tour, here are some interesting facts you might not know.
Air Jordans Were Banned From the NBA at One Time
Air Jordans were created in 1985 and are still considered one of the best basketball sneakers, growing bigger each year. However, the start of Air Jordans was not that straightforward or easy. During that time, the sneakers were mostly white and the players needed to wear shoes that matched their uniforms and their teammates’ shoes. Early Jordan’s were in black and red combinations, which displeased Former Commissioner David Stern as they matched the Chicago Bulls kit.
Stern issued a fine of $5000 for every game that Michael Jordan played with his Air Jordans, but since Nike covered his fines, Jordan kept wearing them. While the fines racked up, the price for Nike was small in return for what they got.
Kobe Bryant’s NBA Contract was Co-signed by His Parents
In the 1996 NBA draft, Kobe Bryant was the 13th pick. He was chosen by Charlotte Hornets but immediately traded to the LA Lakers. While the rest of the story is considered history, one detail that is often overlooked is that when he was drafted, Kobe was not yet 18 years old. The reason for this is that the NBA draft eligibility rules were different back then. This meant that Kobe’s parents needed to co-sign his NBA contract until later that year when he turned 18.
LeBron James Writes and Eats Left Handed
As one of the most dominant players, LeBron James shoots using his right hand and is considered to be right handed. However, he is actually ambidextrous and uses his left hand for almost everything else in his life. James writes and eats with his left hand, so it can appear strange when he’s signing autographs for his fans. So, if you do happen to see LeBron during any USA basketball tours, don’t be surprised when he takes your pen with his left hand.
60% of NBA Players Go Broke After Retirement
According to a Sports Illustrated study in 2009, a large number of NBA players go broke after their retirement. The obvious question is how can players who earn millions of dollars go broke within five years of retiring, but the trend from this study remains today. Players making millions during their career develop a luxurious lifestyle packed with cars, houses, clothes, jewelry, and shoes, so the money quickly starts to vanish.
Many players lack the understanding of the importance of money and need to be financially smart. A great example of this is LeBron James. He has hired business and finance managers to plan for his life after the NBA.
If you are planning a basketball tour, you should speak to us. We offer a wide selection of USA basketball tours including NBA basketball tours, so you can take all your new found knowledge and really appreciate the Pro game.
If you are planning a basketball tour, you should speak to us. We offer a wide selection of USA basketball tours including NBA basketball tours, so you can take all your new found knowledge and really appreciate the Pro game. https://tsbasketball.com/programs/usa-tours/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Zizou. Story of a Legend
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment
- 4 vital factors to watch out for before buying an airsoft gun
- 7 Questions to be answered before you buy your First Airsoft Gun
- Golf: Too Analytical?
- How to Be an Imperfect Golfer
- Mental Game 4 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- 4 Best Ladder Tree Stand for 2019
- Steroids and Dietary Supplements: Are They Worth The Risk?
- Signs You Need a Break From Melbourne Racing Tips
- The Various Types Of Swim Caps
- Park City Ski Rentals
- Ski Rentals in Park City
- Top 4 Reasons to Play Daily Fantasy Sports
- How to Choose A Best Golf Rangefinder
- Giants' Saquon Barkley not practicing against Lions on Tuesday