You want to save time? I bet the tool you need is already on your computer.
- Author David Hall
- Published October 18, 2018
- Word count 355
First and foremost, this is not an advert for Microsoft. In their Office Suite, they just happen to have developed the single most powerful computer tool on the planet and jolly well done to them.
improve productivity with Excel
The more we use Excel and Word, the more powerful we learn they can be. Most people barely touch the surface of just how powerful and helpful they are. I regularly see customers who complain that their hours are too long and they spend far too much time doing boring admin. I take a look at their system and it’s astonishing how unintuitive, complicated and unwieldy it is. "I just copy and paste here and make a calculation there and bring this information from here and write this!"
No bloody wonder they’re spending too long on admin.
It’s only a rule of thumb, but if £1000 were spent on Excel in every small business in the land, I’d guess the average time saving, per computer user would be in excess of 5 hours a week.
How many computer users do you have at your company? If it’s just three, say and you save 15 hours. Even if you only pay them £10 per hour, that’s a return on investment inside two months. What else could they be doing in that time? Sales, marketing, warehouse duties or even saving you the cost of professional cleaners coming in. In the early 2000s, I persuaded my then boss to put his hand in the company wallet for a clever Excel design. My reward for the additional time I created, was an afternoon of telesales with commission added to my salary. We both benefited from that.
Now, everything I do is automated and it’s brilliant. Detailed quotes are sent in minutes rather than hours with the opportunity for error considerably reduced. I buy something and tap it into my phone or my PC and it’s perfectly recorded for accounts purposes. I am informed by people far cleverer than me, that Excel is like the human brain. We barely use a tenth of its ability to function.
Dave Hall, owner of www.dh-sb-help.com - Father of two boys, Husband, Rugby Coach and occasional stand-up comedian.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely
- ‘Making Tax Digital’: a guide for non-experts
- Practice management for group practices
- Co-working: What’s the big deal?
- What’s Involved in a Revenue Cycle Assessment? How Do Revenue Cycle Experts Maximize Medical Profits?
- The Best Strategies Small, Rural Hospitals Are Using to Survive
- Leverage Domestic Customer Service Outsourcing for Sustained Profits
- Top 5 Ways a Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consulting Service Can Boost your Bottom Line
- 4 Benefits of Gamification in Learning
- Top 6 Best Practices for Post Merger Integration
- Do You Really Need a PMI Plan?
- Corporate Strategy in a Nutshell: Main Aspects & Definition
- Experiential learning is more than a team activity.
- How To Make A Video Rental Outlet Worthwhile
- Succession Planning
- Carrying Out a Fire Risk Assessment Can Be Very Complicated
- The Importance Of Using Soft Skills In Business
- Unlocking Potential Working with the Best Leadership Training Providers in the UK
- 5 Reasons Why Small Repair Shops Are Using Software
- Choosing A Landlord Software