How to Make the Right First Impression with Your Homepage Headline
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published November 23, 2018
- Word count 553
A new website user needs to know they’re at the right place, right away!
Earning a new lead is great, and for many small business owners, every site visit makes a big difference.
If your website’s home page doesn’t convey what you’re all about right away and assures the user they’re at a site relevant to their intentions, you risk that lead bouncing to your competitors.
What do you need to effectively show a user they’re at the right website?
The perfect headline.
Is your website continually converting visitors into leads?
The perfect headline might not seem like a big deal but without the right one in place, this can lead to a user instantly clicking back or visiting another website.
Your headline needs to be clear, encompass what you provide, and how you differentiate yourself from your competition.
Have you had any professional search engine optimization done? If you have, you’re ahead of the game. But if you haven’t then it’s time to brainstorm!
SEO is when you are trying to rank for terms related to what you do in Google’s search engine results. These should be intuitive terms vetted to see if they align with how users see your product or service.
Whoever provided you with keyword goals will have checked to see if those terms are searched a lot and provide you with a list.
Don’t use the terms targeting deep pages. Look at what your overall goals are to see what phrase(s) you should include. If you’re trying to rank for 1 specific phrase above all else, then ensure you include those phrases in your headline.
Without those key phrase goals, it’s up to you to assess what best describes what you provide and why a user should commit to your business.
For example, if you’re a lawyer you know where to start. You will want to make sure your headline includes that you’re a lawyer.
Now look at the specifics of what kind of law you practice and what differentiates you from the competition.
If you’re an intellectual property law firm who have been practicing for a long time, you can put together your headline fairly easily: Example & Example - Intellectual Property Law Since 1966.
Not a lawyer? Not a problem.
Another example would be a professional speaker. What makes you valuable?
If someone asked you plainly why they should hire you, what would you say?
If you’re a great morale builder and team motivator, you could try: Example Name Corporate Speaking – Energizing Businesses to Build Their Own Success.
In both examples we state what the business is and its unique selling position.
If you were a completely new user and had found either website through an organic search in Google or via an ad or social media post, you would know everything you need right away about whether or not you should proceed further into the website.
Don’t treat this lightly!
Take some time and adopt the user’s perspective when evaluating what language to use.
The golden rule is you have 3 - 5 seconds to grab your user’s attention or they’ll bounce. Websites are all about the user experience so don’t start yours with the wrong message.
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media. If you are new to Social Media and online marketing or find it overwhelming and confusing, my monthly group coaching program, AMPLIFY! Business Academy http://amplifybusinessacademy.com/ is a perfect way for you to incrementally learn the best strategies and tactics to help you grow your business online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation