Text Message Marketing For Business
- Author Don Bradley
- Published November 19, 2018
- Word count 840
A recent survey performed by the UK’s communication regulator Ofcom found that the average British citizen checks their mobile phone about once every 12 minutes. This survey clearly highlights how obsessed the nation is becoming with mobile phones.
This trend presents an incredible business marketing opportunity. By using text messaging as a marketing channel, your business can reach millions of eager smart phone users — informing them of on line sales, product promotions, and new services.
This article will explain how text message marketing works and identify a few reasons why this business marketing strategy is so powerful.
What is text message marketing?
Text message marketing, as known as "SMS marketing", involves the use of text messaging services to promote a brand, product, or service. Messages can include:
Special offers and sales promotions
Renewal dates for subscription
Text messages can be sent in real time, with the recipient seeing the message seconds after it has been sent. In most cases, the messages used are short and will only contain information that is beneficial to the recipient.
Although most business owners assume that obtaining permission for sending text messages is heavily regulated, it works in the same way as email marketing. A recipient must first voluntarily opt in to a text message service. After that point, your business can begin sending them messages. The only requirement is that all messages include a method for opting out, which is usually a text message that the recipient can send.
What are the benefits of text message marketing for businesses?
Here are a few of the main benefits of incorporating text message marketing into your business marketing plan.
Text messaging helps to improve customer engagement
Text messages have an extremely high user engagement rate. Researchers have found that an estimated 90% of text messages are read within the first three minutes of being sent and 98% of messages are read at some point. This is far beyond the engagement rate of other forms of marketing like traditional advertising, email marketing, social media marketing and on line advertising.
Being able to send messages in real-time also makes it easier for consumers to engage with your business effectively. They can respond to your messages instantly and you can notify them of sudden events like flash sales or one off promotions. The high level of user engagement provided by text message marketing means that marketing campaigns are more likely to generate a positive return on investment.
Text message marketing can help you learn about your customers
Unlike traditional forms of advertising, text messages can be a two-way street. You can ask your subscribers to provide information about their purchasing preferences or how much they enjoyed a recent purchase. This information can be extremely valuable and help you to improve your business.
Text messages can be sent instantly
The instantaneous nature of text messages provides some significant benefits for both your business and consumers. You can share important information instantly with subscribers, keeping them up to date on special events like flash sales or free delivery periods. These kinds of events are very well received by consumers and have a high take up rate.
It is simple to integrate text marketing with other marketing channels
While text message marketing works well as a standalone form of business marketing, it also combines well with other marketing techniques. You can promote a social media campaign with text messages, encourage customers to sign up to your email newsletter, tell subscribers about new blog posts, and much more. A simple message asking subscribers if they have read your business’ latest email newsletter can significantly improve open rates.
Response data is easy to track
The results of a text message marketing campaign are simple to track. You will have access to open rates, time of open, engagement rates, and other metrics from each campaign. This allows to improve your campaigns efficiently and maximize the amount of benefit that you receive from text message marketing.
Text message marketing is extremely cost effective
One of the best reasons to use text message marketing is its affordability. It delivers an exceptional return on investment that is superior to virtually all other forms of marketing. It is a more affordable than traditional advertising (paper, radio, television), Facebook ads, Google Adsense, and email marketing. There is no substantial capital outlay required to get started and you only pay each time you send a text message.
Mobile friendly advertising is increasingly important
Many consumers are constantly using their mobile phones and turning away from traditional forms of media. They often watch television and listen to music via subscription services which makes them harder to reach via traditional advertising.
Text message marketing gives you a direct line to the consumers who have opted out of traditional media. This is particularly useful of you are interested in reaching consumers in a younger demographic.
We hope you enjoyed reading Text Message Marketing For Business. For more information on text message marketing, visit our website.
Article information provided by www.lascomsolutions.co.uk UK independent telecommunication service providers who operate https://text.lascomsolutions.co.uk a SMS text messaging platform for UK business'sArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation