What can be gained by using latest welding technologies?
- Author Jeff Nea
- Published February 22, 2019
- Word count 390
There are many financial and business benefits that can be realized by converting from traditional welding techniques and processes to more advanced solutions. Consider these key benefits:
Increased productivity. The financial benefits of any productivity improvements will vary based on the specific situation, but they can be significant. If an operation is currently operating at or near full capacity at current facilities and considering a capital expansion, increasing throughput and productivity at existing facilities could postpone that need. If operations are struggling to find and retain a skilled welding workforce, productivity improvements can help meet demands while utilizing the current workers. If a company operates in or sources fabricated components from regions of the world where labor costs are high, productivity improvements provide a significant cost reduction.
Reduced scrap loss. This is a key issue in some markets because so much money is lost in scrap. If a company is using a stick welding process, it’s relatively easy to calculate the potential savings related to reducing the scrap from stub loss. The nature of stick welding produces stub loss, which is the portion of the electrode that is not able to be deposited in the weld. A common goal for welders is to achieve stub loss lengths of 2 to 3 inches. Depending on the original length of the electrode, typically 11 to 18 centimeters, it is easy to figure the "planned scrap" in the stick welding process — generally 16 to 25 percent of the electrodes. A change from stick welding to a wiring process not only eliminates the costs of this stub loss, but it also produces labor savings thanks to a more productive process.
Reduction in failures and rework. Consistent arc performance and filler metal selection are key to achieving higher first-time weld pass rates and fewer weld failures. Welding processes and technologies that offer more consistent arc performance can help reduce the time and money spent on weld failures and rework. While there is some risk to changing from one welding process to another, advancements in the technologies and filler metals have helped diminish that risk over the years. Quality is obviously an important factor in the success of a welding operation. A high level of rework not only impacts quality, but it also can lead to delays since unplanned rework disrupts the entire flow of the fabrication, manufacturing or construction process.
There are many financial and business benefits that can be realized by converting from traditional welding techniques and processes to more advanced solutions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks