Glycolic Acid Face Wash
- Author Michelle Handy
- Published June 6, 2019
- Word count 555
Every woman may love a clear and radiant face but not all know some of the tricks to achieve this. A very popular go-to product for a smooth face is a Glycolic Acid Face Wash. As the name implies, the key ingredient here is Glycolic Acid. It is an alpha-hydroxy-acid derived from sugar cane and beneficial to the skin. It is found in numerous skin-care products such as scrubs, toners and so on, and derived from fruits such as pineapples, sugar cane, and sugar beets. The following are some of the reasons you should consider using a glycolic acid face wash:
• Exfoliation: glycolic acid works the magic of exfoliation on the skin, scraping off dead cells and in the process, rejuvenating the skin. The resultant radiant effect is due to the fact that the unclogged facial pores, from exfoliation, leave the skin healthier and with a better chance to fight off breakouts. The old outermost layer of dead cells is shed, revealing the layer of healthy, living cells underneath the surface, encouraging new cell growth and resulting in a brighter and clearer complexion.
• Moisture Balance: another reason a glycolic acid face wash should be a woman's best friend is that not only does it exfoliate, reduce oil buildup and fight acne, it also provides a balance by helping the skin retain moisture. This is necessary because if an acne-prone skin gets too dry, the body tries to correct this by overproducing oil. As a result of the excess oil, the cycle of acne breakouts continues. The moisturizing effect of glycolic acid counterbalances the dryness, which may often arise from the use of facial skin products containing salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
• Skin Toning and Polishing: A face wash containing glycolic acid will also diminish the appearance of marks, scars or dark spots left behind by acne, on the face. It also goes ahead to smooth fine lines and surface wrinkles and even out skin discoloration, creating an anti-aging effect while also keeping the skin silky, supple and glowing. Beyond the cosmetic uses of this acid is its medical relevance; it also helps in the treatment of skin conditions such as Melasma, Psoriasis and Seborrheic keratosis.
• Anti-Aging: also, one of the anti-aging properties of glycolic acid is its contribution to collagen production. Collagen, which is an essential structural protein in the body, keeps skin tissue firm and slows down the process of wrinkling.
Though glycolic acid may work wonders to the face, it does not come without its disadvantages. Due to its nature as an alpha hydroxy acid, at concentrations higher than 10%, it may cause mild irritation on very sensitive skin. It may, generally, also make increase the skin's sensitivity to sunlight, and is therefore advised to be used along with sunscreen as often as the need to go out in the sun arises.
Also, the combination of a glycolic acid face wash with an acne medication such as Accutane, or with other facial products containing Vitamin A may result in an adverse reaction due to the skin sensitivity caused by glycolic acid.
Since the goal is a clearer, healthier and radiant skin, this article shows that you would be making an informed decision if you consult with your dermatologist before deciding on whether to use or keep using, a glycolic acid face wash or not.
There are no posted comments.
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman