5 Things You Need Before You Start Link Building
- Author Rogier Giersthove
- Published August 26, 2019
- Word count 633
Gathering links should be in every SEO strategy but there are a few things you need before you start building links. These points are based on my own experience and how I failed miserably when it came to building links for my first blog.
After reading this you’ll know exactly what you need to be successful in building links. Now let’s get into it.
- A decent amount of high-quality content
Before you start contacting websites about linking to your website there should be content to link to. Just having a home page and a few blogs of mediocre quality aren’t going to cut it.
Even if you just have one piece of quality content on the blog and you succeed in getting backlinks it might affect your content in a negative way.
If people immediately leave your website after looking at just one page your bounce rate will go up which signals to Google the rest of your website doesn’t have enough content that people view as valuable.
2.Non-amateurish looking website
A few years back I was watching a keynote from one of the founders from digitalmarketer.com named Perry Belcher and he was talking about that people won’t buy a product if it lowers their societal status in some sort of way.
This is very important to keep in mind when building links. No website is going to link to your content if your website looks like a mess. They might think your content is incredible but endorsing a website that looks amateurish isn’t good for their image.
3.Learn some sales and negotiation skills
When you start contacting websites to built links you’ll notice that some people will ignore your emails and others will reply and say they’re not interested. You’re not the only one that’s trying to build links.
High authority websites get mailed daily by people wanting links. You need to know how to sell yourself and make clear why linking back to you is a win for both parties involved.
Just emailing and asking for a link will not cut it.
- Adequate experience in your niche
I remember a few months ago someone emailing me about adding her article to my resources page. I have no problem with adding other people’s content to my resource page but the content at least has to contain correct information.
Coincidently it was an article about SEO for beginners. For the most part, the article looked good until she started talking about some facts about do-follow links that clearly showed her inexperience.
I guess Perry Belcher's theory about the psychology behind sales and your societal status affected me in that situation.
- Methods to find websites that are willing to link to you
Not every website is willing to link back to you and some you don’t even want to link back to you. This is why it’s important to have a method to separate the websites you want linking back to you from the ones you don’t.
Here are some things you need to take into account.
The niche of the website
Links aren’t going to do anything for you if they aren’t from websites in the same niche.
The authority of the website
Linkbuilding is about gathering quality links not quantity. One link from a website with high authority can do more for you than 10 low authority website links.
What kind of website
Some websites offer do-follow links to everybody. An example of such a website is a directory website. Google knows that so these links will have less effect on your rankings most of the time.
These are my tips. Take them into account when building links and I’m sure you’ll be successful.
Rogier is a freelance copywriter and digital marketer enthusiast.
He helps people with marketing, sales, and making money online on his website https://realdigitalsuccess.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Will 2022 be the year of the LinkedIn business influencer?
- How to Rank Better for Local Searches on Google
- 3 Marketing Strategies Your Retail Business Needs
- Tiger Locksmith and Security Lays Down the Major Aspects of Fire-Rated Doors
- The media as a tool in successful agribusiness education in Zambia
- What is Our Dynamic Services Approach?
- Unique Branding Ideas to Use On Instagram
- 5 content writing tools that everyone should know in 2022
- What Is Kraft Paper Boxes?
- How to showcase a product on Amazon for a successful sale
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 5 Main Reasons to Use an SMM Panel
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- SEO or PPC? What to choose for your business?
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations