- Author Ariana Vargas
- Published November 4, 2019
- Word count 379
Climate change has become a bigger deal lately and is affecting all of us and our surroundings. Some of these changes might be more noticeable and more dramatic than other climate issues. Some of these issues have been there without us really noticing until it’s almost too late for us to do anything about the situation. Many animal species are being affected and are endangered or vulnerable because of what us humans do in our daily lives that affect our environment. We are hurting our environment by dumping toxic wastes into our oceans, which this hurts the underwater world habitats and what they eat. Lack of food happens and the fish and animals underwater starve to death and lowers their population until they are all in serious trouble or they are already categorized in the endangered list.
Our forests are burning and our lakes and rivers are drying out from intense heat waves that are getting worse and worse. This is because of our temperatures changing and our planet warming up. Places such as Antarctica are defrosting because of temperature changes and the temperatures being unusually higher than the years before. These changes might sound minor to some people but this can affect our way of life and our whole planet and cause major changes to our environment.
These affects the amount of oxygen that our planet is getting. Wildfires are becoming more and more frequent. In 2018 more than 58,083 wildfires, and more than 8,8 million acres were burnt. Our waters are being contaminated by all the litter that ends up in our oceans and bodies of water.
Greta Thunberg, a climate activist, said in her speech " people are suffering,people are dying,entire ecosystems are collapsing, we are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth." She is right, we are destroying our own home to the point where we might not be able to fix things back to normal.
Climate change is becoming a bigger deal and we need to do something about our planet before the damage is completely irreversible. We have already done so much to the earth that we need to do something about it now before we can't go back.
Stracqualursi, Veronica. "Trump Mocks Teenage Climate Activist Greta Thunberg." CNN, Cable News Network, 25 Sept. 2019, www.cnn.com/2019/09/24/politics/trump-greta-thunberg-climate-change-trnd/index.html.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 6 Simple & Easy Ways To Help The Environment: At Home & At Work
- Are You Using The Best Soil For Bonsai?
- Tiboo launches bamboo-based paper products website
- Everything You Need To Know About Wind Turbine Technicians in the United States
- Climate change, what we can do to reduce effects of global warming
- Water Removal Solutions for Building Sites
- Five Facts About Renewable Energy That You Need To Know
- Not just cheap energy – why should you consider installing solar panels?
- What are the benefits of camping?
- 10 Most Practiced Economic Activities in Vietnam
- 9 Types of Economic Industries Found in Vietnam
- 5 Mineral Resources Found in Vietnam
- Climate change: It is happening right here and right now.
- Types of Environmental Remediation
- Undertake CAT Course to Create a Safe Work Environment
- The Most Deadly Strain of Ebola Strikes Again
- Advanced Waste Management System in Major Australian Cities
- Top 3 Things Every Dental Practice Should Do About Their Waste Starting From Today
- 4 Staggering Facts About Hazardous Waste
- Best Practices And Etiquette For Lab Waste Disposals
- The Case for Top-down Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the developing world
- 7 Tips To Manage Your Chemical Waste Disposal
- Why Hazardous Waste Disposal Can Be A Problem
- The 7 Most Common Metals That Can Be Recycled
- Precious metal refining do’s and don’ts
- What is biohazardous waste?
- How to properly dispose of paint and consequences for not doing it correctly
- How Do You Dispose Of Healthcare Waste?
- What Is The Difference Between Offensive And Hazardous Waste?