Importance of Link Building in SEO
- Author Mahfuz Islam
- Published November 3, 2019
- Word count 753
A hyperlink is a way for users to navigate between pages on the internet. Link Building is a process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to our own so that user can read or watch related post or video. In simple words, it is a process of interlink of pages of your own website or interlink between your website with other. For example, if you have real estatewebsite than you can interlink those websites who provide housing/commercial loan. Link Building is one of the processes of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It made with two words, Link + Building. Link means URL or hyperlink which is a kind of Anchor Text This process called Link Building. It is a practice to promote your own website to other websites. SEO Linkbuilding
Why Link Building required:
Link Building is a process which uses to increase traffic on your website and to show your website on the top in search engine. Search engines are Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, etc. Search engines use links to crawl the web. Search engine will search the links between the individual pages on your website and then search engine will crawl the links between entire other websites.
When Google fetch entire page of website, it’s called crawling. It is done by software called Crawler or Spider. Google’s algorithms are very complex and always evolving which determine the rank of a website. Generally speaking, the more high-quality websites that link to you, the more likely you are to rank well in search results. Wikipedia is the best example. It has so many links in every page and the result is Wikipedia always on top in search engine.
How to get other sites to link to you
There are few points of link building strategies where you can get external websites link to yours:
Content Creation & Promotion – Content creation is the most powerful tool. Content should be meaningful, unique, simple and natural. Actually content should be in your words. There should be flow in contents so that people can understand. Than people will naturally want to reference and link to and do promotion about it.
Reviews & Mentions – Put your product, service, or site in front of influencers of same industry so that they can also review and can comment. This is also one of the best tool.
Links from Friends & Partners – Do promotion of your website with people you know and people you work with to link to your site. Advertise your product as much as you can. The way could be anything like mouth to mouth publicity, Face Book, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
These are some of the tools where you can work upon and you will get results.
Link Anchor Text:
Anchor text is the clickable text section of a link. This is the best way of Link Building. Google uses anchor text as a ranking signal. If you have many keywords of your link in a single page than there are chances to get higher rank of that page by search engines. If you enter "Click here" link in your post on web page than there are more possibilities for visitors to visit your website.
Example of an anchor link
Not everyone will want to read everything on a page. They may want to jump to a summary or go straight to a particular topic. For example if there is a link like "Go to End" and reader clicks on this link, reader will directly go to the end of the page. This link will skip everything.
Co-Occurrences are the words or phrases that appear around your link. Google treat co-Occurrences as "Baby Anchor Text".
Position of Links on the page
Link position on page is also very important. If you want that reader should click that link because that link’s information also helps to reader than link should be in good position. Link should be in the main body of the page or probably near the top of the page and probably within some content that explains the subject. Please avoid link in the footer as many users may not scroll down the page. This thing also checks by search engines. If the link is in the footer of a page than search engine could reduce the value of that link because search engine assume that this link is not so important that’s why it is in the footer.
There are six key steps of a successful link building strategy:
Know your audience / customer
A hyperlink is a way for users to navigate between pages on the
. Link Building is a process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to our own so that user can read or watch related post or video. In simple words, it is a process of interlink of pages of your own website or interlink between your website with other. For example,Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?
- Beauty Packaging in Design
- Accountants Mailing List | Accountant Email Addresses | CPA Database
- Why your website needs an audit?