Learn graphic design in 10 steps?
- Author Paul Shell
- Published December 2, 2019
- Word count 800
To be self-taught it’s a way of learning. One that is no less effective than the training provided by the experts. This type of teaching requires even more involvement, more obstinacy and a lot more attention than going to sit behind a table and wait until you are given all the necessary leads. I remain admiring of those who manage to become experts from scratch.
Whether you're a novice graphic artist or an experienced artist, you'll probably find good reasons to dig into this list of good practices for design training. Today is open house in online training!
- Know your story
Every being and everything has a past. The drawing too. Possessing even basics in art history makes it possible to understand how graphics have evolved. You have to know where you come from to know where you are going. You can do your research chronologically or starting from a work that has seduced you and then interest you to the commensals of the artist who created it. It does not matter. The goal is just to see how art evolves (and also to be able to build on the research done well before you to integrate it into your own work).
- Have vocabulary
Do you know what the vocabulary is for? To communicate. You must be able to speak with other graphic designers or with clients. You must understand them. And this is only possible if you have a minimum of technical language. Some terms are specific to printing, others are more related to the very profession of graphic designer. When you are at the stage of creating projects, it is urgent to master them.
- Follow the work of others
We always learn by observing what others are doing. And it's even truer in the graphics. With the explosion of online galleries, you can follow several creatives closely and analyze their latest works with a single click. Do not neglect the blogs or social networks of people you admire: it's often a great way to gather inspiration or useful information to enrich your graphic culture.
- Compare market places
Many graphic designers (and certainly not the least talented) offer their services or their creations on market places dedicated to design. Observing which jobs are most popular is also a good way to train the eye. It should be noted, however, that this approach may require a certain amount of time and that it can only be representative of a trend at a given moment.
- Take courses online
The Mocks have the wind in their sails. And it exists on all possible sectors. You can train on the use of specific software, learn framing techniques, and improve your knowledge of art history ... It must be recognized, however, that the French catalog of Mocks dedicated to graphic designers remain rare. It might be an opportunity to improve your English, to practice Lettering or other techniques.
- Attend conferences
TED talks provide an opportunity for many experts to share their knowledge. And too many fans to watch these conferences whenever they want. We talk a lot about TED talks on the topics of personal development ... but there is also a considerable amount about design, creativity ... or just about anything that is likely to interest you!
Look at the work of artists who inspire you. And try to imitate them. Not just to know how to do like them. But to understand their way of working, to train with them. This work can sometimes seem discouraging (they are masters, not you, at least not yet). But this is often how learning was done in ancient times. And it's a way of forging his technique without using his energy on the creative process.
It is by forgiving that one becomes a blacksmith, says the proverb. It is by creating that you will become creative. Draw. Illustrate. Whatever your favorite technique, practice it. Even just a little bit. Even just to perfect what you did yesterday. But never let your tools rest. It's the best way to master them!
Specialized hardware or software can be quite expensive. This is not a reason to deprive yourself of artistic work. The back of a cereal package can become a canvas where to exercise his hand. And there are computer alternatives that allow you to get into the mastery of office tools while waiting to afford the cream of the crop. Pixlr replaces Photoshop and Inscape is a good ersatz Illustrator.
Imitating, training, observing is good. It's even more than good, it's indispensable. But do not stop there. To train is also to test. It's daring to go beyond its limits or those others have placed before you. Just to see if it works or just for fun. There is so you will really learn!
Being self-taught is a way of learning. One that is no less effective than the training provided by experts. This kind of teaching requires even more participation, more stubbornness and much more attention than sitting behind a table and waiting until they give youArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?
- Beauty Packaging in Design
- Accountants Mailing List | Accountant Email Addresses | CPA Database