5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Author James Kerry
- Published February 2, 2020
- Word count 605
It’s normal to lose a few strands of hair every other day. However, nothing in this world prepares you for complete baldness. Therefore, if you have just realized that your crowning glory is fast falling off, it’s important to be prepared on how to cope with the situation. Here are a few tips on how to do that.
This is a powerful tool that can ensure you develop a situation of positive well-being easily. When you accept your situation, you choose to be happy with who you are without necessarily giving up hope.
You see, ships never sink even when there’s water surrounding them. They only sink in case their walls get punctured and water gets it.
Likewise, if you choose to lock out all the negativity about hair loss – particularly from those around you, you take one step ahead in coping with the situation.
So, start by accepting the situation and showering yourself with lots of love. You’ve got this.
- Open Up About It
A problem shared is halved. You probably have heard that multiple times. Becoming open helps you to free up your mind of thoughts that might be consuming you especially as you try to accept the fact that you’re losing hair.
However, you need to be careful to ensure that you only open up to someone worth trusting. Choose someone mature, responsible and understanding.
It could be your spouse, parent or friend. Whoever it is, make sure it’s someone who is ready to go out of their way to see your life improve.
- Participate in Support Groups
In the spirit of "opening up," it’s highly recommended to find likeminded people who you can share your journey with. You can find support groups near you e.g. by searching for "Alopecia [your city] support group." So, if you’re in Chicago, you simply type "Alopecia Chicago support group" and search.
Likewise, you can look for online forums where you can join and participate anonymously. You can learn a lot from such platforms especially because people open up a lot by taking advantage of the anonymity provided in them.
- Look for a Solution
What exactly is the cause of your hair loss? There are many factors related to hair loss including genes, medication, and stress among others.
It’s important that you work with your dermatologist who can help you identify the best method for recovery or at least covering up the bald patches.
In most cases, lost hair can be recovered through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes. However, in some cases, not much can be done. In such cases, you may want to talk further with your dermatologist to explore the possibility of a hair transplant.
You may also consider investing in a toupee. Or you can also shave the hair completely and embrace a bald look.
- Be Patient
Which path you choose to recovery, you need to appreciate the fact that hair growth is a slow process. Avoid methods that promise overnight success.
Remember, watching hair grow back is similar to standing on the window and watching your lawn grow. That is, it’s a terribly slow process.
So, even as you wait for your dermatologist’s method to work, be sure to remain patient. Get busy with things that distract your attention and above all, avoid anything that stresses you out.
Nothing is impossible in this world. Most importantly, coping with hair loss requires you to have a strong heart. With all that said, it’s our hope that you’ll find the recommendations above useful to your recovery journey.
James Kerry is a blogger in the health and beauty niche.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix