What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Author Natalia S.
- Published February 3, 2020
- Word count 457
Russia is a huge country: there are many regions with different attractions and climate. Therefore, tourists are able to choose excellent places for winter holidays to their liking. In winter season, Sochi is one of the best places to visit Russia.
Sochi is called the Black Sea Pearl. The city ideally situated on the seacoast by the Caucasus Mountains. Although Sochi primarily knows in the world as the venue for the Winter Olympics 2014, this city is the largest ski and seaside resort in Russia. There is plenty to do in any season here. Winter holiday in Sochi is relaxing and informative at the same time.
In winter season, skiing is the most popular activity in Sochi. A favorite holiday destination for mountain skiers and snowboarders is Rosa Khutor, one of the best ski resorts in Russia with fantastic mountain slopes of different complexity levels, a great cable car, instructor services and equipment rental points. The total length of ski trails is about 102 km, the height difference is 1 534 m, the number of ski lifts is 28. Due to the mild local climate and modern snowmaking system the ski season can lasts up to 140 days a year. In addition, there are no severe frosts typical for other regions of Russia. Beside skiing, you can enjoy magic beauty of mountain winter landscapes from the ski lift or take a walk around Sochi.
Sochi Olympic Park
The Olympic village is a huge complex, located a bit far from Sochi’s center. You’ll see many great sports constructions here: the Bolshoi Ice Palace, the Fisht Stadium, the Iceberg Sports Palace and the Puck Ice Arena. Although you can’t go inside all the buildings, but in the winter season you'll be able to visit ice skating shows or different concerts that are often held in the Olympic Park.
Museums and Historical monuments
In Sochi you'll find not only ski resorts, but also many interesting attractions. Learn a lot about the city and its famous people in the Sochi History Museum. Visit the Sochi Art Museum with a rich collection of exhibits. Sports fans should visit the new Museum of Sochi Sport Honor, dedicated to the Olympic games history, including the Sochi games.
Among the architecture monuments, the Loo Temple (Byzantine ruins) and Gothic Fortress attract special attention. You can also visit more modern buildings, such as Stalin's Summer Residence. There are many different monuments associated with the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and other significant events in the history of Russia.
Some Sochi’s spas are open year round! In addition, there are many first-class hotels in Sochi (including well-known world chains) with an excellent spa centers, where you'll find a variety of beauty treatments and a pleasant relaxing massage.
Today, Sochi is a popular tourist destination for winter holidays. So it's not surprising that many travel agencies organize interesting tours in Sochi (including our company – https://russiabylocals.com/).
Our Sochi Winter tour (https://russiabylocals.com/tours/package-tours/private/sochi-russia-ski-holidays/) will give you bright emotions and unforgettable views of mountain landscapes!Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Best Places to visit in the USA
- Places You Need To Visit In Scotland That You Have Probably Never Heard Of
- Why celebrate Christmas in Armenia
- The Opening of Grand Egyptian Museum
- Are the wildebeest residents of Serengeti Tanzania OR Maasai Mara Kenya?
- Why Visit Uganda
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Make Nam Du Islands Your Next Tourist Destination
- Best 2020 Nightlife Experiences in Da Nang
- Places You Must Visit While on Vacation in Vietnam
- Best Vung Tao Island Restaurants in 2020
- Chick Trips on a MY BVI Charter
- Visiting Serengeti on a Budget Safari in Tanzania
- Top 5 Safari Destinations Starting from Dar es salaam
- Top 10 reasons to travel in the Greek islands
- Mardi Himal Trek - Wonderful Short Trek in Annapurna
- Top 3 Destinations in US to Travel this Summer
- Where Can I Find the Best Valued Vacation Home Rental?
- Here’s what you should know When Shipping a Car to the Caribbean
- How to Make Your Connecting Flights Smoother?
- Reasons to Pick Indian Destinations for your Honeymoon
- Travel From New York To Las Vegas: Book Flights From JFK to LAS
- Find the Best Florida Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Travel Specialists for Your Trip
- Choose Best Trekking /Tour In Nepal And Get Thrilling Experience
- Annapurna Base Camp
- Top 6 family experiences in Japan
- Perfect hotels to stay in Wembley to reduce your stress of travelling in the long motorways of UK
- How constant currency fluctuation affects your tour plans
- Ideal check-list for your trip to UK