What to see in Sochi, the city of Winter Olympics 2014?
- Author Natalia S.
- Published February 3, 2020
- Word count 457
Russia is a huge country: there are many regions with different attractions and climate. Therefore, tourists are able to choose excellent places for winter holidays to their liking. In winter season, Sochi is one of the best places to visit Russia.
Sochi is called the Black Sea Pearl. The city ideally situated on the seacoast by the Caucasus Mountains. Although Sochi primarily knows in the world as the venue for the Winter Olympics 2014, this city is the largest ski and seaside resort in Russia. There is plenty to do in any season here. Winter holiday in Sochi is relaxing and informative at the same time.
In winter season, skiing is the most popular activity in Sochi. A favorite holiday destination for mountain skiers and snowboarders is Rosa Khutor, one of the best ski resorts in Russia with fantastic mountain slopes of different complexity levels, a great cable car, instructor services and equipment rental points. The total length of ski trails is about 102 km, the height difference is 1 534 m, the number of ski lifts is 28. Due to the mild local climate and modern snowmaking system the ski season can lasts up to 140 days a year. In addition, there are no severe frosts typical for other regions of Russia. Beside skiing, you can enjoy magic beauty of mountain winter landscapes from the ski lift or take a walk around Sochi.
Sochi Olympic Park
The Olympic village is a huge complex, located a bit far from Sochi’s center. You’ll see many great sports constructions here: the Bolshoi Ice Palace, the Fisht Stadium, the Iceberg Sports Palace and the Puck Ice Arena. Although you can’t go inside all the buildings, but in the winter season you'll be able to visit ice skating shows or different concerts that are often held in the Olympic Park.
Museums and Historical monuments
In Sochi you'll find not only ski resorts, but also many interesting attractions. Learn a lot about the city and its famous people in the Sochi History Museum. Visit the Sochi Art Museum with a rich collection of exhibits. Sports fans should visit the new Museum of Sochi Sport Honor, dedicated to the Olympic games history, including the Sochi games.
Among the architecture monuments, the Loo Temple (Byzantine ruins) and Gothic Fortress attract special attention. You can also visit more modern buildings, such as Stalin's Summer Residence. There are many different monuments associated with the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 and other significant events in the history of Russia.
Some Sochi’s spas are open year round! In addition, there are many first-class hotels in Sochi (including well-known world chains) with an excellent spa centers, where you'll find a variety of beauty treatments and a pleasant relaxing massage.
Today, Sochi is a popular tourist destination for winter holidays. So it's not surprising that many travel agencies organize interesting tours in Sochi (including our company – https://russiabylocals.com/).
Our Sochi Winter tour (https://russiabylocals.com/tours/package-tours/private/sochi-russia-ski-holidays/) will give you bright emotions and unforgettable views of mountain landscapes!Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Valetta - Europe's cutest capital
- Top 5 Best Trekking routes in Nepal
- Exploring the Thrilling World of Dubai Desert on Rental Motorbike
- Fly Smart with AviaGuru: Your Ultimate Travel Companion
- 7 Things really efficient to consider for a perfect family vacation.
- User Best Things To Do In Morocco
- Irish Wildflower Meadows
- Unveiling the Magic of Mountaintop Cabin Rentals: Escape to Serenity Introduction:
- Top 5 Underrated Festivals of Kathmandu Valley
- Amboseli National Park
- Adventure Travel - An Exciting Way To Get Away From The Stress Of Daily Life
- 10 Of The Best Places To Visit On A European Road Trip
- 10 reasons that will make you fall in love with Rajasthan
- Weekend Tour Plan for Nainital & Jim Corbett in Uttarakhand
- Budapest stag do activities
- Budapest stag do
- The Complete Guide To The Best Kimberley Cruises
- Why You Should Take A Vacation To Maldives?
- My Tropical Christmas Vacation in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica!
- Touring Tuscany: Where To Go And What To Do
- When is the time hike to Everest Base Camp ?
- BOOK A BUDGET SAFARI IN UGANDA
- LARGE GROUP SAFARIS INTO UGANDA
- How to Handle (& Prevent!) Dental Emergencies on Your Vacation
- How To Save Money On Your Next Vacation
- Blake McCoy on Trips to Add to Your 2022 Bucket List
- Varieties of Dubai Desert Safaris
- HEART WARMING GIFT IDEAS FOR FLY FISHING VALENTINE
- Vanderbilt Beach Park,
- Best places to visit in Turkey