When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- Author Julie Johnson
- Published February 28, 2020
- Word count 548
If you were in an accident in Dallas, you’re probably thinking about your options for financial recovery. You might have hospital and doctor bills that need to be paid. You might have missed several days or weeks from work, or might still be out of work which means lost wages.
But like most people, you may be asking yourself, "Do I need an attorney?" And, if so, you might not know whether you should wait to hire an attorney or hire one right away. But the sooner you start looking for and speak with an attorney, the better off you might be.
Below are a few scenarios when you should start looking for an attorney to set up a consultation. During the consultation, your attorney can review your case and help you decide if legal representation is in your best interests.
When You’ve Been Seriously Injured
If you were seriously injured in an accident – including a slip and fall accident, car accident, defective product accident, or another accident type – then you should consider contacting a personal injury attorney as soon as you’re well enough to pick up the phone.
A family member may make the call for you to get the ball rolling. Serious injury accidents can introduce complications into a personal injury case because victims may have very high medical bills, significant lost wages or lost earning potential, and pain and suffering damages.
When the Car Insurance Company Offers an Unfair Settlement Amount
In Texas, car insurance laws require people to pay for the accidents that they cause. Victims have the right to file a claim with the at-fault party’s liability insurance or to file a lawsuit if insurance doesn’t offer a fair settlement. And if the accident occurred on another’s property, you may file a homeowner’s insurance policy with the homeowner’s insurer.
If the insurer is not offering a fair settlement, then an attorney can be helpful to negotiate and present a case that clearly demonstrates fault and liability, as well as the damages to which you are entitled. And if necessary, an attorney can help you through the litigation process to continue negotiations and present the case before a judge and jury.
There’s a Question of Fault and Liability
In some cases, the other side may argue that you are completely at fault or partially to blame for the accident. Your attorney can help you collect evidence to refute this and prove the other side’s fault and liability for your damages. So if this becomes an issue during your case, you may need to secure legal representation.
A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You Now
In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case is two years from the date of injury or the date you discovered the injury in some cases. If you don’t file your claim within these two years period, you may be unable to recover compensation. As such, the sooner you start looking for a personal injury attorney, the better.
At the Law Office of Julie Johnson PLLC, our attorneys are ready to meet with you with no obligation or cost for the initial consultation. Call us now at 214-290-8001 or fill out our contact form.
Julie E. Johnson is a seasoned trial attorney specializing in personal injury and consumer litigation. As a personal injury attorney in Dallas has handled thousands of cases producing exemplary results for her clients.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?