When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- Author Julie Johnson
- Published February 28, 2020
- Word count 548
If you were in an accident in Dallas, you’re probably thinking about your options for financial recovery. You might have hospital and doctor bills that need to be paid. You might have missed several days or weeks from work, or might still be out of work which means lost wages.
But like most people, you may be asking yourself, "Do I need an attorney?" And, if so, you might not know whether you should wait to hire an attorney or hire one right away. But the sooner you start looking for and speak with an attorney, the better off you might be.
Below are a few scenarios when you should start looking for an attorney to set up a consultation. During the consultation, your attorney can review your case and help you decide if legal representation is in your best interests.
When You’ve Been Seriously Injured
If you were seriously injured in an accident – including a slip and fall accident, car accident, defective product accident, or another accident type – then you should consider contacting a personal injury attorney as soon as you’re well enough to pick up the phone.
A family member may make the call for you to get the ball rolling. Serious injury accidents can introduce complications into a personal injury case because victims may have very high medical bills, significant lost wages or lost earning potential, and pain and suffering damages.
When the Car Insurance Company Offers an Unfair Settlement Amount
In Texas, car insurance laws require people to pay for the accidents that they cause. Victims have the right to file a claim with the at-fault party’s liability insurance or to file a lawsuit if insurance doesn’t offer a fair settlement. And if the accident occurred on another’s property, you may file a homeowner’s insurance policy with the homeowner’s insurer.
If the insurer is not offering a fair settlement, then an attorney can be helpful to negotiate and present a case that clearly demonstrates fault and liability, as well as the damages to which you are entitled. And if necessary, an attorney can help you through the litigation process to continue negotiations and present the case before a judge and jury.
There’s a Question of Fault and Liability
In some cases, the other side may argue that you are completely at fault or partially to blame for the accident. Your attorney can help you collect evidence to refute this and prove the other side’s fault and liability for your damages. So if this becomes an issue during your case, you may need to secure legal representation.
A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You Now
In Texas, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case is two years from the date of injury or the date you discovered the injury in some cases. If you don’t file your claim within these two years period, you may be unable to recover compensation. As such, the sooner you start looking for a personal injury attorney, the better.
At the Law Office of Julie Johnson PLLC, our attorneys are ready to meet with you with no obligation or cost for the initial consultation. Call us now at 214-290-8001 or fill out our contact form.
Julie E. Johnson is a seasoned trial attorney specializing in personal injury and consumer litigation. As a personal injury attorney in Dallas has handled thousands of cases producing exemplary results for her clients.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Finance Options for Civil Litigation
- What to do if you are struck by a driver without a license in pasca?
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- Breathalyzers in DUI Cases Explained
- What is a Field Sobriety Test in a DUI case?
- Military Service & Criminal Convictions
- California's Three Strikes Law Overview
- Ex Post Facto Explained by Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Law in CA
- Gun Silencer Law in California
- Stolen Valor Crimes & Defenses
- New PC 290 Law in California
- Prop 57 Law
- Everything You Need To Consider When Choosing And Hiring A Personal Injury Solicitor
- Value of Car accident lawyer
- How to Calculate Child Support
- Reason To Pursue A Personal Injury Case
- Divorce Lawyer/Attorney to Take Care of Your Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- The LA Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE