Preparing for an M&A
- Author Lisa Thorsen
- Published February 12, 2020
- Word count 181
To prepare a company for sale, an M&A attorney will make sure corporation formalities have been followed. Business arrangements should be properly documented and proper corporate governance should be complied with.
All agreements should be in writing and handshake arrangements should be formalized. If contracts cannot be assigned, they should be revised if necessary. Third party consents may be necessary to complete certain types of transfers.
An M&A attorney will assist a seller in reviewing their corporate governance documents. This includes organizational documents, bylaws, board meeting minutes and shareholder minutes. It also includes stock transfer ledgers, organizational charts, and policy manuals. All corporate governance documents should be in order prior to the sale of a business.
M&A attorneys assist in structuring the deal and will often work with tax and financial advisors in this process. There are different tax consequences depending on whether or not the deal is an asset purchase or a stock purchase. Whether contracts and licenses can be transferred also play a role in deal structure. Financing options will result in various mechanisms being used.
There are no posted comments.
- Family Law Attorney - You Would Be Surprised At How Important They Are!
- Threshold Could Be Reduced for Blood Pressure Lowering Drugs
- What Are the Few Things You Will Need to Know About Child Custody in a Separation
- Finance Options for Civil Litigation
- What to do if you are struck by a driver without a license in pasca?
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- Breathalyzers in DUI Cases Explained
- What is a Field Sobriety Test in a DUI case?
- Military Service & Criminal Convictions
- California's Three Strikes Law Overview
- Ex Post Facto Explained by Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Law in CA
- Gun Silencer Law in California
- Stolen Valor Crimes & Defenses
- New PC 290 Law in California
- Prop 57 Law
- Everything You Need To Consider When Choosing And Hiring A Personal Injury Solicitor
- Value of Car accident lawyer
- How to Calculate Child Support
- Reason To Pursue A Personal Injury Case
- Divorce Lawyer/Attorney to Take Care of Your Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- The LA Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists