Preparing for an M&A
- Author Lisa Thorsen
- Published February 12, 2020
- Word count 181
To prepare a company for sale, an M&A attorney will make sure corporation formalities have been followed. Business arrangements should be properly documented and proper corporate governance should be complied with.
All agreements should be in writing and handshake arrangements should be formalized. If contracts cannot be assigned, they should be revised if necessary. Third party consents may be necessary to complete certain types of transfers.
An M&A attorney will assist a seller in reviewing their corporate governance documents. This includes organizational documents, bylaws, board meeting minutes and shareholder minutes. It also includes stock transfer ledgers, organizational charts, and policy manuals. All corporate governance documents should be in order prior to the sale of a business.
M&A attorneys assist in structuring the deal and will often work with tax and financial advisors in this process. There are different tax consequences depending on whether or not the deal is an asset purchase or a stock purchase. Whether contracts and licenses can be transferred also play a role in deal structure. Financing options will result in various mechanisms being used.
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?