How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Author Paul Echere
- Published May 22, 2020
- Word count 439
It’s no secret that the recent pandemic has caused a lot of trouble for the world of sports as well as all other industries, which are directly or indirectly connected to sports. One of the sectors which suffered the most is sports betting - as lots of people don’t no longer have a stable source of income, sports fans all around the world had to temporarily pause their money making hobby in order to cut costs. Couple that with cancellations and postponements of world’s top sporting tournaments and events and you will get what we have now – bookmakers, who were unable to adapt quickly enough or were too conservative to look into new solutions are out of business or quite close to that.
Apart from football (soccer is what I am referring to), basketball and perhaps horse racing, tennis is likely the next biggest thing is sports betting, both coverage and revenue-wise – tennis events are quick and lots of them can fit in a single day, each event consists of a significant number of "bettable" segments (sets, games and points), this provides a lot of betting opportunity and revenue as a result of that.
Lately e-sports has generally taken the lead in sports betting due to lack of everything else, obviously games like CS:GO, LoL, Dota, etc. were always popular among punters, however e-sports disciplines like FIFA, Nascar simulator and NBA haven’t been widely used for betting and now they are on the rise. A logical question from a bookmaker’s product staff member’s perspective would be "can we find a substitute for tennis?" and it looks like one has actually been found – it’s GTA V. GTA V has a tennis mini-game which, compared to everything else out there at the moment is the most realistic and down-to-earth option available right now. Especially if you throw VR in the mix, you will get a pretty decent tennis simulator which is perfectly suitable for sports betting and live streaming purposes – and a number of bookmakers worldwide are actually already embracing it, worth to mention that African bookmakers are one of the first to actually consider offering this, likely they will already have something available within the next couple of days, top European bookmakers might tag along by the end of the week.
Not sure how all of this is going to pan out and whether GTA V virtual tennis betting will stay with us as a legit e-sports discipline after all of this is over, but it is rather interesting to see how what will the situation be like 6 to 8 months from now.
Hi, I'm Paul. There's numerous hobbies I can list here, so I will probably name just a few, which are sports data technologies (obviously), tennis and fishing. As well as that i have a website related to sports betting where write reviews and have a rating of best betting sites in Nigeria, I also post regular tips and live score updates for football games.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Alexa's Use of Artificial Intelligence: A Case Study
- High-Quality Ash Wood Textures Pack. Elevate Your Design Projects.
- Embracing Multidisciplinary Excellence: The Jack of all Trades
- Why Reading on an eBook Reader Is a Great Idea: Unlocking a New Chapter of Reading Experience
- Social Media Marketing
- Playstation 5 Accessories Bundle - God Of War Ragnarok Bundle
- 17 Ways to Get More Followers on Instagram (2022)
- INNOVATION AT SPEED: “FASHION SHOWS DURING AND POST-PANDEMIC”
- How YouTube Pays You: What You Need to Know About Monetizing Your Channel
- How To Get Paid for Youtube: The Best Ways to Earn Money with YouTube
- The Benefits of Using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Should You Make a YouTube Video? 4 Questions to Ask Yourself First
- Finding a great pair of earphones
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- The 7 Best Video Editors for Creating Social Media Posts
- The Importance of Social Media Marketing in Medical Business
- How Should You Optimize Images for Website?
- Play Your Music and Movies at Full Resolution with JRiver Media Center
- Technology News
- Tips for Writing a Good Reaction Paper
- Is Society Becoming More Polarized Because of Social Media?
- Comprehensive and affordable media software
- Animation Software: The Evolutions And The Options
- How to Keep Your Audience Engaged on YouTube
- Video Production Tips: How To Get The Best Aerial Footage With Drones
- Download VirtualXposed APK for all Android Devices
- Become an online radio presenter with SAM Broadcaster Cloud
- What is a Creative Content Studio
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020