How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Author Ellisen Wang
- Published May 25, 2020
- Word count 343
In the past, I talked about the power of scarcity in one of my emails and I wrote a specific line that said....
"If you need to add an urgency factor to your offers, creating scarcity is a great way to do so. But make sure you actually follow through with it."
So why should you follow through with your scarcity tactics?
In a word: Respect.
Allow me to explain further with a story from my day job.
For the past year, I've been working with kids at a learning center. I'll admit, when I first started, I was a bit too nice to the kids. I wouldn't yell at them. I wouldn't punish them. Even when I said I'd punish them, I ended up not doing it.
What a mistake.
So whenever I'd tell a kid to do something or not do something, they wouldn't listen. They would take advantage of my kindness and walk all over me.
Well that all changed during their summer program, or as one of my co-workers called it, "hell." And she wasn't exactly wrong. It was eight hours of dealing with loud, hard-to-control kids who refused to do their work (and possibly have slight amnesia).
Dealing with these kids on a full time basis, eight hours a day, for three months, my patience went from 100 to -10 real quick. And my demeanor quickly changed like Jekyll and Hyde. Whenever they misbehaved or did something they're not supposed to do, I'd tell them I'll discipline them and actually follow through.
All of a sudden, the kids started to listen to me more, they would stop doing things they they're not supposed to be doing, their behavior changed. Overall, they started to respect me.
Let this be a lesson to you.
Follow through with your scarcity tactics. If you don't, you'll lose your audience's respect and trust. And then the next time you pull a scarcity tactic from your sleeve, your audience will actually believe you and be more quick to decide to buy your products or services.
For more quick tips like this, go to EllisenWang.com for daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads