How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Author Ellisen Wang
- Published May 25, 2020
- Word count 343
In the past, I talked about the power of scarcity in one of my emails and I wrote a specific line that said....
"If you need to add an urgency factor to your offers, creating scarcity is a great way to do so. But make sure you actually follow through with it."
So why should you follow through with your scarcity tactics?
In a word: Respect.
Allow me to explain further with a story from my day job.
For the past year, I've been working with kids at a learning center. I'll admit, when I first started, I was a bit too nice to the kids. I wouldn't yell at them. I wouldn't punish them. Even when I said I'd punish them, I ended up not doing it.
What a mistake.
So whenever I'd tell a kid to do something or not do something, they wouldn't listen. They would take advantage of my kindness and walk all over me.
Well that all changed during their summer program, or as one of my co-workers called it, "hell." And she wasn't exactly wrong. It was eight hours of dealing with loud, hard-to-control kids who refused to do their work (and possibly have slight amnesia).
Dealing with these kids on a full time basis, eight hours a day, for three months, my patience went from 100 to -10 real quick. And my demeanor quickly changed like Jekyll and Hyde. Whenever they misbehaved or did something they're not supposed to do, I'd tell them I'll discipline them and actually follow through.
All of a sudden, the kids started to listen to me more, they would stop doing things they they're not supposed to be doing, their behavior changed. Overall, they started to respect me.
Let this be a lesson to you.
Follow through with your scarcity tactics. If you don't, you'll lose your audience's respect and trust. And then the next time you pull a scarcity tactic from your sleeve, your audience will actually believe you and be more quick to decide to buy your products or services.
For more quick tips like this, go to EllisenWang.com for daily copywriting, email marketing, and business tips.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World